Downloads: 2,816 (1) • Reviews: 0

Version:

Updated:

Oct 9, 2010

Showing VO2

Showing VO2

Postby FrankDoorhof » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi,
First of all great program, have been looking for something like this for a long time.
However I have a few questions.

I'm using the Suunto 6Td and when downloading into Sportracks I see my power curve and heartbeat, however what ever I try I can't seem to find VO2, Respiration and RR values to show anywhere, especially VO2 and Respiration are important for me.

Anyone can point me to the right direction ?
Thanks in advance.
FrankDoorhof

Re: Showing VO2

Postby atg9905 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:11 am

This is the same issue as with EPOC and other values. I can easily read them, but SportTracks does not provide a generic means to introduce new units and display them. I had some discussions with admin in the past on this. I can check if with 3.1 there is a mechanism to read *and display* these additional values.
atg9905

Postby old_man_biking » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:55 am

If you need "buckets" to store one value per activity (not a track), custom data fields are your means of choice. They've been introduced in ST3.1 and are accessible via Plugin API.
If you want to use that, there's a post in the Developers forum where plugin developers "register" GUIDs of CDFs that they introduce, so that others know how to access them and double incarnations of the same measures can be avoided.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby atg9905 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:50 pm

Hmm, actually it is not about storing single values with an activity, it is about storing values at every sample point of a track. And it would be nice to be able to easily display these in SportTracks without custom coding. Look at the embedded picture, it shows the heart rate, VO2, and EOPC of a run. All are derived from the RR data, and it would be nice to just write this values into a track and have an easy way to display new ones alongside known units.

atg9905

Postby racerfern » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Custom Data Tracks allows importing of unique data tracks, second by second if needed. I use it for wind calculations. You would possibly use Calculated fields to create the formula. Make sense?
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby atg9905 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:09 am

Sounds good. I will take a look and investigate. Do you have any sample code that you can share?
atg9905

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:57 am

Do you need sample code and/or information how to use the Custom Data Tracks plugin's public API?
There is one, because I use that from other OMB plugins as well. Maybe I'll have to add some more functionality to it for you.
Send me a PM with your email address.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Suunto STE Import