by mechgt

Downloads: 4,756 (4) • Reviews: 0

Version:

Updated:

Jul 17, 2011

problems with critical power curve

problems with critical power curve

Postby bjk220 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:56 pm

Having some issues with the critical power curve when selecting multiple activities from the activities reports tab. I hightlight multiple activities then click the "details" tab, then select the mean-maximum from the drop-down on the right side. What i get is weird and non linear. Am I doing something wrong?

Help is appreciated
bjk220

Re: problems with critical power curve

Postby mechgt » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:07 am

Hmm... odd. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

I tried replicating your situation (with the data you emailed to me) and here's what I got (see below). All I did was go to report view and select the 4 activities that contained power using the shift key. I'm running MeanMax version 1.1. Your assumption that you can select multiple activities and should get the 'best' of all selected activities is correct, MeanMax does that. Try it again and let me know if you get different results or if it still calculates it wrong for you.

Were these activities that were just imported prior to trying this out? Did you restart ST after importing these activities and get the same result? (Generally you should not have to restart ST, I'm just asking for troubleshooting reasons.)

Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby bjk220 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:41 am

I did try restarting ST and it still seemed messed up. BUT the plot thickened this morning because I run ST on two separate machines (desktop & laptop) and store my history on a shared online drive. My desktop is the version I am having problems with but I just tried it on my laptop ST and it looks like yours which seems correct just by looking at it and spot checking the max power at a couple of the durations. I'm going to cross check my ST versions and maybe check that i have the exact same plugins on both tonight. Do you know of any known conflicts with other plugins? That's the only difference that I can think of between the two (desktop has more plugins); that and the operating system (desktop = vista, Laptop = XP) Any other suggestion why it would work on one and not the other? I know they have the same mean-max version, same history(shared history)?

Thanks for your help and the quick response!
bjk220

Postby mechgt » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:01 am

Plugin conflicts: None that I know of or would anticipate. Mean-max doesn't interact with other plugins so shouldn't be an issue. Make sure all of the mechgt plugins are up to date.

I run and test on XP, don't have a Vista machine available right now. OS differences seem to often initially get blamed for issues, although that's very rarely (if ever?) the cause, particularly for something like this. Send me your preferences file from the desktop machine (see email from me) and I'll test it out. Maybe there's a different setting there that's causing it to analyze differently.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby bjk220 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:54 pm

I thought i was on to something this afternoon when I realized i had data smoothing for power checked on at level 1 on the desktop and off on the laptop, but after changing the analysis settings on the desktop to match the laptop and restarting ST, I get the same 'broken' curve. Still stumped.
bjk220

Postby bjk220 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:12 am

I tried running ST on the desktop in compatibility mode: Windows XP service pack 2. No change.
bjk220

Postby bjk220 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:55 pm

I think I found out the issue. It seems to be a problem in the latest build of ST Version: 3.0.4205 which is what i was running on the desktop. The laptop was 3.0.4182 and i updated it today to 3.0.4205 and now it has the same issue with the graph. looks like I'm going back to the previous version of ST......

Anyone know what the best way to let the folks at ST know about this bug in the new version?
bjk220

Postby mechgt » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:10 pm

bjk220 wrote:...Anyone know what the best way to let the folks at ST know about this bug in the new version?

Report it right here :)

I'll make sure I've updated to the latest version of ST and re-test. Thanks for the report.

EDIT: Problem replicated. It seems to occur with the newest version of ST - 3.0.4025.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:04 am

Update posted with fix for above problem: Mean-Max v1.2

Changes:
- Fix: Chart would display weird, occurred on upgrade to SportTracks 3.0.4205
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby bjk220 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:37 pm

Awesome. Really fast response and update. Great plugin.

Thanks again.
bjk220

Return to Mean-max