Downloads: 1,161 (12) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Jun 15, 2016

Questions about course points, constant pace, leg duration

Questions about course points, constant pace, leg duration

Postby blazko » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:21 am

Hi OMB,
im preparing for a 60k mountain trail and wanted to generate the best possible course for my Fenix3 and have a couple questions:

1) I discovered that the plugin limits number of course points to 50. Is it possible to have more of them? Ive been playing around with the settings (hence you can see currently 41) to find the best result but it looks like 50 points is going to be always a compromise over what Id like.

2) Im not sure what does leg distance / duration mean in this case and how it impacts notifications while racing. Ive set valley and summits setts to 100m of elev difference. For this specific course it gives a perfect split for uphills and downhills. But what I dont know is when an actual notification will show up? In all cases above summits start when valleys end.
On one hand i'd love to see a screen saying: "hey, there is a 9,53km uphill part in front of you" or "0,79km downhill" etc. On the other hand (for altimeter calibration purposes) i'd like to know when I hit summit points and what their highgt is. Is it possible to make those two things work in a described way?

3) Im not sure how setting constant pace / speed works. I got a gpx track from the race www. When looking at it in mygpsfiles no pace is present (only elevation and gps points). Clearly ST is guessing the speed and putting into course plot. But why does it have so much variance, given that Ive set to 10min/km (as if Id aim for this race time limit).

Im not sure if I made myself clear but thanks in advance for any help.
This is going to be my 1st trail longer than a marathon and from what I discovered based on previous editions of this race, navigational features might come very very handy at times.
blazko

Re: Questions about course points, constant pace, leg durati

Postby blazko » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:27 am

Also it looks like activating turns notification impacts the way that summits / valleys are treated:

picture 1 is more likely something I could use (in terms of summit / valleys leg distance)

blazko

Return to Waypoint and Courses