by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,161 (12) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Jun 15, 2016

Abillity to Move CoursePoints and Course track display

Abillity to Move CoursePoints and Course track display

Postby texmurphy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:51 pm

Can we get a way to move CoursePoints similar to moving Waypoints? Easier than create new followed by delete prior. Additional possible method here is similar to the Split window slider/time/distance point selection.

Also when Course is displayed with the activity it is created from, that underlying activity track makes it hard to select coursepoint for addition on the track. Often I must Edit the activity to get the activity track out of the way to be able to "find" the course track to create a coursepoint. Or I select a totally out of area activity and use the course track then sitting naked. It would be nice if the course trackpoints were shown. There is no easy way to see the trackpoints of a course.

Ideal would be to say Edit Create coursepoint then just click on the track for the coursepoint location (reverse of current method).
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Abillity to Move CoursePoints and Course track display

Postby texmurphy » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:14 am

omb, any thoughts on this?

texmurphy wrote:Ideal would be to say Edit Create coursepoint then just click on the track for the coursepoint location (reverse of current method).

Currently I find it easiest to create the course using ST W&C but without coursepoints. I export the course.tcx and import it to Garmin Training Center (that ancient beast). In GTC I can click the course line to set a coursepoint.
After doing all my coursepoints, I then export from GTC and import back to ST W&C for trackpoint reduction, &c.

But should I have to continue using GTC, who knows when garmin might put a killer virus on the net to remove it ?!?!?
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Abillity to Move CoursePoints and Course track display

Postby old_man_biking » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:47 am

The "move course point" feature wouln't be a trifle to build. So currently it's not on my road map.
In order to avoid activity and course tracks getting into confilct, I simply created a dummy activity with a simple track of a few meters. I can select this if I want the map to show without a real track interfering with course tracks.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Waypoint and Courses