Downloads: 1,161 (12) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Jun 15, 2016

Another Failure to Export to Garmin 310XT

Another Failure to Export to Garmin 310XT

Postby pmb49085 » Sun May 17, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi,

I just migrated to a new laptop. I've been using Track Color and Weather for a while. Since you seem to be actively updating your software, I was going to buy the plugins again, but wanted to test out a few others. Right now I have those two, plus After Import, Garmin FIT and Waypoints installed. Most things seem to be working fine, but when I try to export to my Garmin 310XT, nothing happens. The program hangs at the Export to Garmin window with the word Initializing below an empty drop down box. I have been able to import directly into ST and the After Import appears to work just fine, including making elevation corrections.

My system is: Dell Venue 11 (7140 model) running Windows 8.1 The laptop is about 1 week old and has about 30% free space on the "C" drive.

I've read through some of the old posts, but can't find anything that specifically addresses this issue since about 2010.

I know I can do work arounds and export the courses to my 310XT through Garmin Training Center or just saving files into the folders the ANT agent uses. But, I was hoping to be able to save and manage my courses directly from ST

Any help you can provide would be great. Yes, I will be buying Track Coloring and Weather again to support your efforts and will probably be buying After Import and, if I can get it to work, Waypoints & Courses.

Thanks, Phil
pmb49085

Re: Another Failure to Export to Garmin 310XT

Postby old_man_biking » Mon May 18, 2015 2:08 am

This functionality relies on Garmin Communicator Plugin.
So you must have installed this.

Garmin Communcator Plugin in turn uses Garmin ANT Agent to communicate with ANT based devices like yours.
If I remember right, Garmin have discontinued this with the upcome of Garmin Express. GE forces you to uninstall Garmin ANT Agent.
So you would need GCP + GAA and not install Garmin Express.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Another Failure to Export to Garmin 310XT

Postby pmb49085 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:45 am

OMB,

I just wanted to follow up so others could see that this was successfully resolved.

In short: I opened up Internet Explorer (v11.0.9600) and installed Garmin Communicator. It installed correctly and the Garmin web site confirmed this by locating my 310xt immediately. I then opened ANT agent and verified it was synced with my watch. As a final step I closed and then re-opened ST. Upon switching to the COURSES view and selecting a course for export, your software immediately found the watch and sent the course to ANT agent for upload.

This is SO much better than using Garmin's Training Center to manage my courses! I can selectively upload 1 or 2 courses and not worry about overloading my watch or having to scroll through courses to find the one I want. Keep up the great work!!!

THANK YOU for the quick reply.

My setup for those reading: Garmin 310XT, Windows 8.1 running on a Dell Venue 11 Pro (7140 version) with 64g internal and 64g micro SD and ANT antenna plugged in to the USB slot. Software installed now includes Chrome, Open Office, Dropbox, Sporttracks, Garmin Communicator, Training Center and ANT agent, otherwise the laptop is as it was purchased.
pmb49085

Return to Waypoint and Courses