by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,161 (12) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Jun 15, 2016

Export courses to 910XT with Garmin Express

Export courses to 910XT with Garmin Express

Postby Galaxy_I » Fri May 01, 2015 8:39 am

Exporting courses to forerunner devices always worked well when I was still using ANT agent/Garmin communicator. Since I've switched Garmin Express I cannot get corses uploaded. Do I need reinstall the communicator or is there any way to make this work with Express?

Thanks

Ralf
Galaxy_I

Re: Export courses to 910XT with Garmin Express

Postby Z74 » Wed May 06, 2015 5:05 am

Have you already tried with Garmin Base Camp?
I don't think it works differently from the way it does with my Fenix3 and I'm using Google Earth to build courses, export them to BC and then import them into the F3.
Z74

Re: Export courses to 910XT with Garmin Express

Postby barton986 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:50 pm

Galaxy_I wrote:Exporting courses to forerunner devices always worked well when I was still using ANT agent/Garmin communicator. Since I've switched Garmin Express I cannot get corses uploaded. Do I need reinstall the communicator or is there any way to make this work with Express?

Thanks

Ralf

I have just discovered that with the current version of Garmin Express, it is possible to transfer courses to a 310xt. I assume that a 910xt would work similarly.

The key seems to be to copy a course in .fit format to the NewFiles directory in %appdata% while Garmin Express is running (the while running part is important). I just updated a thread in the WP&C forum with further explanation.
barton986
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Waypoint and Courses