Waypoint and Courses

by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,161 (12) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Jun 15, 2016

Tree Structure or Filters for Management of Courses

Which enhancement to the management and navigation of courses would prove most valuable to you?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:57 pm

Add a Tree Structure.
100%
Add the ability to filter the list by clicking on any column header.
No votes
Other suggestions.
No votes

Total votes : 3

Tree Structure or Filters for Management of Courses

Postby ksherman » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi to all W&C users.

As I'm sure you know this is a great plugin both for planning new rides to do in the future and to manage those Strava segments down to your unit so that your virtual partner reflects your last PB.
My only difficulty comes in the actual management of the courses that I have in there. I am currently planning out 2 multi day trips of 4-5 courses each, I have a number of prior multi day trips which I want to keep for re use and then I have a number of standard rides and hill climbs there for the Virtual Partner. Current count of these is around 50.
I have two ideas that I believe would help make managing this list easier. The first is the use of a tree structure so that courses can be grouped under headings and found in that way. The second would be to allow for filtering of the list by clicking on a column header and selecting a value to filter by. A couple of extra categorisations would be nice too.

Either method would allow for:
Trips => JAN15 => the list
or
Standard Rides => Hill Climbs => the list
=> Loops => another list

So I have set up the poll to allow for you to have your say. Please do, and feel free to offer other ideas you might have.

Thanks
Keith Sherman
Garmin Edge 800, Garmin Fenix3
Trek Domane 2016
Specialized Roubaix SL3 '11
Specialized Epic '15
ksherman
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Tree Structure or Filters for Management of Courses

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:09 am

You can sort by any column by clicking on the particular column header, e.g. category.
While this is neither filtering nor tree like display it helps you solve your initial problem and makes it quite easy to find a course.

OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Waypoint and Courses