Downloads: 1,161 (12) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Jun 15, 2016

Extract a segment and export it

Extract a segment and export it

Postby robyrig6970 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:00 am

Hi.

Since a couple of years I'm the lucky owner of Sport Tracks. I use it to log my cycling workouts and I have always found it very useful.

I've to make a question: I would like to extract a segment from one of my routes and export it as a GPX file to draw out afterwards a climb elevation profile

Is this possible using Waypoints and Courses plugin?. If not, which plugin can you advice me to do this?

Thanks in advance
robyrig6970

Re: Extract a segment and export it

Postby texmurphy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:36 pm

Without a plugin you can extract a segment from any activity. You could then make a course from it if you wanted or otherwise export it (e.g. as a tcx).
1. In Daily Activity, locate your activity, then do Edit->Duplicate to make a copy of the activity. You may wish to change the start date/time to current and change the activity's Category to make it easier to find/differentiate.
2. Locate the start of the segment in the activity and note the time.
3. Edit->Split and use the time as the split point. You now have an unneeded start segment which you can Delete.
4. Locate the end of the segment, and repeat the Edit->Split. You can delete the unneeded trailing segment, retaining only the segment of interest.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Waypoint and Courses