by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,161 (12) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Jun 15, 2016

Error Loading a Course

Error Loading a Course

Postby dbrillha » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:59 am

This is new. I tried to load a course into my Garmin 800 (which is USB attached and the directory shows up as a mount point).

I've loaded courses before directly to my Garmin from the Courses view of SportTracks. The error I'm getting seems to be related to Waypoints & Courses. I've uninstalled and reinstalled this plugin.

I can export a course to a file, but I don't get a *.fit file option. And the courses inside the Garmin 800 need to be in *.fit format.

Any idea what is wrong or how I can get a course loaded into my Garmin? I have a big ride tomorrow and really need it. Thanks!

error.GIF
error.GIF (44.4 KiB) Viewed 8838 times
dbrillha

Re: Error Loading a Course

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:28 am

I own an edge 890 myself, and I could always upload courses by putting the course file in tcx format into the 'new' (or 'new files', can't remember now) folder of the edge.
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby dbrillha » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:20 pm

Once again, you've come thru. That worked perfectly. Drop the TCX into the New Files folder on the Garmin and cycle the power. Thanks!!!!

The Garmin will automatically transform that TCX into a FIT, and move it from New Files into the Courses folder.
dbrillha

Postby jüre » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:53 pm

error.GIF
[/quote]

Hi

Im have the same Script Error.

Im can't export a Course to the Garmin Forerunner 305. Tree Weeks ago works fine.

When exporting a route with waypoints and Courses plugin comes recently an error message: Error in script. Line 29, character 1, "Class is undefined. Colander picture attached.

When you click "script still run" YES, comes blank window "Export to Garmin". Next, nothing happens more.

Have tentatively Garmin Express uninstalled (running for 2 months without any problem, export This worked perfectly) After uninstalling, reboot, Garmin Communicator Plugin V 4.2 reinstalled.

Script error comes anyway.
jüre
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Yannos » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:24 am

Hi,
Since last Friday, I have exactly the same script error.
I changed IE to Chrome : Nothing
I desactivated for a couple of minutes the firewall : Nothing
Help :!: I am desperate
Thanks
Yannos
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:41 am

Do you have the latest version 4.2.0.0 of GCP installed and can IE use it?
Open this web page in Internet Explorer to check: http://www8.garmin.com/products/communicator/ .
The page must show a message like "You are using Communicator Plug-In. Current, Version 4.2.0.0. Devices found: <list of your devices> ".
If your devices are not listed, your GCP installation isn't ok.
Important: .NET and hence SportTracks internally use Internet Explorer. So only IE is relevant for ST, other browsers like FF or Chrome don't matter.
@jüre: sorry, but there's no screen shot.

@dbrillha, jüre and Yannos:
If that doesn't help, please send me a PM with your email address and I'll email you a developer version of W&C plugin with one fix, to see if that helps.
Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby dbrillha » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:23 am

Old Man,

you asked me to report if I still get the error. I did install the latest garmin plugin communicator. and the latest USB drivers. my browser (firefox) was able to detect the communicator and saw the garmin 800 successfully. I was also able to successfully import yesterday's ride into sporttracks from my gamrin 800.

but when I went to export a course from sporttracks to the gamin 800, I still got the same error message, about "Class is undefined" and the following URL:

file:///C:/ProgramData/ZoneFiveSoftware/SportTracks/3/Plugins/Data/Waypoints%20and%20Courses%20Plugin/GarminCommunicatorPlugin/GarminCommunicatorPlugin

Not a big deal. It would be nice if this worked. And I'm happy to help debug this. But there is a work around that takes a couple extra steps.
dbrillha

Postby rogerpgvg » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:47 am

With my Garmin 310XT, I get the same error message as dbrillha in this initial message. Internet Explorer does say that I have correctly installed the latest version of Garmin Communicator and shows the 310XT.

It seems like it isn’t an issue that is specific to Waypoints and Courses, because when I use gpsies.com in Internet Explorer to export with Garmin Communicator, I also get an error message. On the other hand, when I use gpsies.com in Mozilla Firefox, then there are no problems with Garmin Communicator. My conclusion (may be wrong) is that it is an Explorer – Communicator interaction issue.

Is it correct that Garmin no longer supports their Communicator? In that case, I am not sure whether it’s worth trying to find a solution. Dropping the .tcx file in my “Courses” folder (not in “Newfiles”; seems to be different with the 310XT) works well as a solution. The only problem is I can’t use “create track points at least every … m”. That option is quite critical on my 310XT, because without it, the bread-crumb track disappears all the time. I also can’t get turn warnings in advance of the turn, but for me personally, that’s less important. I wondered whether it would be possible to save a .tcx file with track points at regular intervals.
rogerpgvg

Postby rogerpgvg » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:46 am

Just tried the new version of the plugin, and it works again! Thank you very much.
rogerpgvg

Return to Waypoint and Courses