by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,161 (12) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Jun 15, 2016

Viewing Courses on MAp

Viewing Courses on MAp

Postby ksherman » Fri May 17, 2013 12:00 am

As far as I can see the only way to view a course on a map is to centre the course on the map, which switches you to Activity view and shows the map OR to create a Route from the Course which seems a pointless duplication.

The problem I have with the Activity view is that the default is a small map window, and the course seems to stick in that view and interferes with viewing normal activities. How to get Activity view to let it go?

It would be nicer if centre in map used the route map viewer without the need to create a Route.
Keith Sherman
Garmin Edge 800, Garmin Fenix3
Trek Domane 2016
Specialized Roubaix SL3 '11
Specialized Epic '15
ksherman
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Viewing Courses on MAp

Postby old_man_biking » Fri May 17, 2013 2:17 am

ksherman wrote:As far as I can see the only way to view a course on a map is to centre the course on the map, which switches you to Activity view and shows the map OR to create a Route from the Course which seems a pointless duplication.

The problem I have with the Activity view is that the default is a small map window, and the course seems to stick in that view and interferes with viewing normal activities. How to get Activity view to let it go?

It would be nicer if centre in map used the route map viewer without the need to create a Route.

SportTracks provides maps in 3 views: Daily Acitivty, Activity Reports and Routes. A plugin can't simply add a map to its own view. So, when creating the W&C plugin I had to decide in which view(s) to display courses. And I decided to display it in both DA and AR views, not in Route view. Route view is way off from the highways of ST, not accessible by an icon in the upper right, hardly used by most users. I don't use it ever.
It's very easy to remove course track line(s) from the map. Either deselect all routes in the list of Routes view (click on empty area) or left click on the course track line on the map and click "Clear selection".

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Viewing Courses on MAp

Postby ksherman » Fri May 17, 2013 4:44 am

Thanks for the explanation OMB. Agree that Routes is a bit of a no mans land in the software.i"ll follow your instructions..

Cheers
Keith
Keith Sherman
Garmin Edge 800, Garmin Fenix3
Trek Domane 2016
Specialized Roubaix SL3 '11
Specialized Epic '15
ksherman
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Waypoint and Courses