by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,161 (12) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Jun 15, 2016

Waypoints as splits?

Waypoints as splits?

Postby ksherman » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:42 am

Is it possible to use waypoints as a means of having the Garmin device create splits, or to have SportTracks create the split?

Thanks
Keith Sherman
Garmin Edge 800, Garmin Fenix3
Trek Domane 2016
Specialized Roubaix SL3 '11
Specialized Epic '15
ksherman
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Waypoints as splits?

Postby old_man_biking » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:12 am

Garmin Device: no
SportTracks: AfterImport plugin does this - although you'll have to define the "split points" in AI plugin again

EDIT: I was wrong, Garmin devices let you do this -> see subsequent post by texmurphy
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:43 pm

ksherman wrote:Is it possible to use waypoints as a means of having the Garmin device create splits, or to have SportTracks create the split?

old_man_biking wrote:Garmin Device: no

Actually - "Garmin Device: maybe"
When running a Course with Lap by Position, laps will be triggered based on laps in the Course.
So if a Course were created/edited to place Lappoints at desired locations, then the Garmin >might< cooperate with split placement.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Minimimimi » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:05 am

Garmin advertises this functionality for my FR610 and "Lap by position" is indeed availiable on the watch. However by not allowing to transfer waypoints (read: positions) or even courses to the watch renders this function pretty useless. All you can do is creating split positions while on track - inconvinient as hell and I wonder if anyone makes use of this.

In my humble opinion "After Import" or "Trails" offer much better solutions, at least for after workout analysis.
Minimimimi

Return to Waypoint and Courses