by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,161 (12) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Jun 15, 2016

Exception for Autoroute using Google Map

Exception for Autoroute using Google Map

Postby tonny.madsen » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:13 am

When I try to use the autoroute function, I get en error message about the Google Maps API Key having been revoked for this plug-in. After that I cannot close the "Autoroute" window, but get the following error:

Code: Select all
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at OldManBiking.WaypointsAndCoursesPlugin.Geocoding.GoogleMapsRoutingControl.get_MapZoom()
   at OldManBiking.WaypointsAndCoursesPlugin.Geocoding.GoogleMapsRoutingForm.GoogleMapsRoutingForm_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CheckCloseDialog(Boolean closingOnly)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5448 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SportTracks
    Assembly Version: 3.1.4348.40128
    Win32 Version: 3.1.4348.40128
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Zone%20Five%20Software/SportTracks%203/SportTracks.exe
WaypointsAndCoursesPlugin
    Assembly Version: 3.0.4372.36498
    Win32 Version: 3.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/ZoneFiveSoftware/SportTracks/3/Plugins/Installed/2f4382cb-039a-48ba-8fa1-266554b8f576/WaypointsAndCoursesPlugin.dll
WaypointsAndCoursesPlugin.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/ZoneFiveSoftware/SportTracks/3/Plugins/Installed/2f4382cb-039a-48ba-8fa1-266554b8f576/de/WaypointsAndCoursesPlugin.resources.dll
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/ZoneFiveSoftware/SportTracks/3/Plugins/Installed/2f4382cb-039a-48ba-8fa1-266554b8f576/es/WaypointsAndCoursesPlugin.resources.dll
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/ZoneFiveSoftware/SportTracks/3/Plugins/Installed/2f4382cb-039a-48ba-8fa1-266554b8f576/fr/WaypointsAndCoursesPlugin.resources.dll
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/ZoneFiveSoftware/SportTracks/3/Plugins/Installed/2f4382cb-039a-48ba-8fa1-266554b8f576/it/WaypointsAndCoursesPlugin.resources.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
tonny.madsen

Re: Exception for Autoroute using Google Map

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:17 pm

I'll release a new version of the plugin within the next 2-3 days.
The "API key" issue should be resolved.

The problems with closing the autoroute form is strange. I can neither reproduce nor understand it.
Hopefully it's just a collateral damage of issue no. 1.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Kuki » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi OMB,

the same here, i tried to build a new autoroute-course after long time, and get the same errors like Tony. First the API-Key-Error, and than the repeating endlos errormessages, which i cant stop; the only way to stop it, is killing the Sportracksprozess and lost data, since the last start. It's now more then one month ago since the post from tony; please don't forget to rebuild the plugin, with a new guilty google-key.

(By the way, it it not so important, does the Plugin send Waypoints to the FR910XT? I tried it, but nothing happens)
Edit: Sorry now i read the same question in this forum :?: , ist looks like the device dit not support transmition of Waypoints (?))

Kind regards, Marek from Kiel
Kuki
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:02 pm

Servus nach Kiel,

you've found it yourself: I strongly assume that the device itself doesn't support waypoint transfer, according to some posts in the Garmin forum.
Regarding fix of auto-routing: it's already fixed and I'm still testing. A new version should be released within 1-2 weeks.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Kuki » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Moi'n Moi'n

aus Kiel :)

old_man_biking wrote:Servus nach Kiel,

you've found it yourself: I strongly assume that the device itself doesn't support waypoint transfer, according to some posts in the Garmin forum.
Regarding fix of auto-routing: it's already fixed and I'm still testing. A new version should be released within 1-2 weeks.

Cheers,
OMB

Thanks for your quick answer :) . One or two weeks later it's no problem, and its is 100 times quicker, than the Garminsupport with his buggy firmware for some watches :lol: (as example the buggy "Wormnavigation")

Frohe Ostern (versaue es dir nicht mit dem Programmieren, hat Zeit); Kuki
Kuki
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ron_stone » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:36 am

Hi,
I downloaded the trial two days ago. Looks interesting. I get the Key error on Google route creation. I'm just wondering if it's suppposed to be fixed?

Thanks
ron_stone

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:57 am

Yep. It is already fixed, I'm still testing the version.
If you're interested in a beta, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a beta in a few days (pls. note that "few" sometimes has a slightly elastic semantics for me:) ).
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby jshowalter » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:52 am

I'm getting the dreaded google maps key error. It looks like all of the OMB plugins--and perhaps ST itself--need to generate a new key and publish all-new plugins.

Have developers contacted google find out what is going on? This just started happening: on 2/28, successful. Today, fail.
Attachments
SportTracksKey.jpg
SportTracksKey.jpg (24.52 KiB) Viewed 18125 times
jshowalter

Postby jshowalter » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:12 pm

I am unable to use Sporttracks now to review my routes. I see the path of the route, all map information is gone. Just a blank background.
jshowalter

Postby old_man_biking » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:15 pm

To my best knowledge the previous 2 posts have nothing to do with the W&C plugin, but are ST core problems that should have been resolved with the ST update 3 or 4 days ago.

The W&C plugin has been using version 3 of the Google APIs, a version that has not been affected by the problems that the ST core recently had (which used Google API version 2).
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby jshowalter » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:52 am

I'm assuming this problem will be fixed soon, but it makes me afraid for the future.

I love the OMB plugins, and have ~10 of them (all paid for).

So what happens if OMB is hit by a bus, and then Google mucks with the map keys again? Do we all wind up with bricked plugins, and no recourse? Can we get it fixed by appealing to Google, or does it require a source change on the OMB side? If it requires an OMB change, and there is no OMB, are there contingency plans? Can the key/license checking be done in a piece of code that is open-sourced?
jshowalter

Postby ksherman » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:58 am

You mean he is a mere mortal?
I feel cheated.
:)
Keith Sherman
Garmin Edge 800, Garmin Fenix3
Trek Domane 2016
Specialized Roubaix SL3 '11
Specialized Epic '15
ksherman
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:00 pm

1. You should include me in your evening prayers and donate a candle or two from time to time - just so that I won't be hit by a bus, train or whatever :lol:
2. Every software that uses online services (e.g. the Google mapping and routing services) will get into trouble when these online services change.
3. In contrast to the ST core I already used that most current services (v3) and will update to use newer services when they get available - this reduces the risk of being detached by Google deprecating older services
4. I deliberately save the Google API key (remember the latest posts) on your hard disk, it's not engraved in the plugin code. And I've added mechanisms in my plugins to update this key if necessary. If my plugins or I cannot do this, you or every tech-savvy plugin user can get a new Google API key and store it on the hard disk.

So as you can see, I've tried my very best so that my plugins approach immortality.

Btw, I would be much more anxioius if I used an online service like Garmin Connect. There are multiple risks that the providers go broke, lose your data, get hacked by criminals, abuse your data themselves, ...
That's why I love ST - my data are on my PC and within my control.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:13 pm

old_man_biking wrote:...So as you can see, I've tried my very best so that my plugins approach immortality.

Are you on the short list at the Sistine Chapel?
old_man_biking wrote:Btw, I would be much more anxioius if I used an online service like Garmin Connect. There are multiple risks that the providers go broke, lose your data, get hacked by criminals, abuse your data themselves, ...
That's why I love ST - my data are on my PC and within my control.

Does not sound like endorsement for MOBI...
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:18 pm

texmurphy wrote:Are you on the short list at the Sistine Chapel?

Not that I know. And I'd assume that the odds to have two German popes in a row aren't good. Besides, I've opted for a slightly different career and wouldn't be a perfect match for the job profile in Rome.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby jshowalter » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:40 pm

Still getting this error, and clicking check for update says no updates available. Is there an estimate for when this will be resolved?
jshowalter

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:46 am

As I've written in my previous non-pope post (viewtopic.php?f=85&t=12096&sid=d06a94e38a4ce68671b6fe5fe49aaf43#p77084), I cannot see how your problem is related to the W&C plugin. It rather sounds like a general mapping problem with SportTracks.

If you still think that you have a problem with the plugin, please add more information (screen shots, ...).
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby jshowalter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:52 am

See screenshot.
Attachments
maps-api-problem.jpg
maps-api-problem.jpg (204.24 KiB) Viewed 17954 times
jshowalter

Postby old_man_biking » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:03 am

This has absolutely nothing to do with the W&C plugin, it's a problem of core ST, has occured a few weeks ago and should have been fixed by an update of ST.
There are lots of posts in the forum regarding this issue. Please update ST and/or try out the forum search.
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Waypoint and Courses