by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,161 (12) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Mar 12, 2014

Course Points - Batch

Course Points - Batch

Postby dbrillha » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:51 am

OMB - this is a feature request for your consideration. I'm loving the Course Point features and you've fixed a couple bugs, so it works great now. The two modes for entering Course points (as far as I can tell) are an auto-generate mode that detects turns and peaks and valleys. And a manual mode where I can place Points anywhere I want, one at a time.

Request A: What I've been doing is setting Points every "n" miles (eg: 2.5 or so), to remind me to stop and walk for a couple minutes, to hydrate and recovery slightly before my next "n" miles. If there is a way to allow for equi-distant set of Points along a route, that would be great. But it isn't too hard to do 10-15 of these points one-by-one.

Request B: Once a Course Point is established, I can't adjust where it is placed along the route, I have to delete it and create another one, just to shift it, say, 1/4 mile up or back (say to align it with a landmark).

Use Case: To give you an example, I'd like to place water Points every 2 miles (request #1), and then view them on the map, and maybe adjust some of those slightly (request #2) to line up with an intersection or other natural discontinuity along the route.
dbrillha

Re: Course Points - Batch

Postby old_man_biking » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:35 am

More users that have these requests?
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Waypoint and Courses