Downloads: 1,161 (12) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

May 8, 2014

importing waypoints

importing waypoints

Postby snowden440 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:05 am

I have a Waypoint question and a Course question:

1) I have a new Garmin 305, ST3, and the trial version of the Waypoints and Courses plugin. Ostensibly, I should be able to walk to a location, mark a location in the Garmin 305, and be able to import that location into SportTracks using this plugin.

When I go to the Waypoints View and "Import---> Import from Garmin" a pop-up window identifies my Garmin 305, I click on import and it begins to import the information, sometimes it says it was successful, but no waypoints are ever shown. Sometimes the progress bar stalls at 93-95 percent finished.

I've tried a myriad of options, including changing the plugin to an older version, but nothing worked. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

2) I would like to edit previous runs, adjust sections of the run for pacing, then feed those courses back into the Garmin to run against a virtual partner.

When I try to change the pace in the "Course View" on a highlighted selection of a course, the program seems to adjust the entire course to the new time. For example, I have an old activity that was a three mile run, at 6:20, 6:20,6:10 and I want to my Virtual Partner to run 6:40, 6:20, 5:50 on the same course, how do I adjust just those sections of the run. Thank you in advance for your time. I'm not exactly a fan of gadgets, and I am starting to resent all of the time I am spending trying to figure out a watch. I bought it as a training tool, and now I feel like I'm the tool.
snowden440

Re: importing waypoints

Postby old_man_biking » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:52 am

snowden440 wrote:I have a Waypoint question and a Course question:

1) I have a new Garmin 305, ST3, and the trial version of the Waypoints and Courses plugin. Ostensibly, I should be able to walk to a location, mark a location in the Garmin 305, and be able to import that location into SportTracks using this plugin.

When I go to the Waypoints View and "Import---> Import from Garmin" a pop-up window identifies my Garmin 305, I click on import and it begins to import the information, sometimes it says it was successful, but no waypoints are ever shown. Sometimes the progress bar stalls at 93-95 percent finished.

I've tried a myriad of options, including changing the plugin to an older version, but nothing worked. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

2) I would like to edit previous runs, adjust sections of the run for pacing, then feed those courses back into the Garmin to run against a virtual partner.

When I try to change the pace in the "Course View" on a highlighted selection of a course, the program seems to adjust the entire course to the new time. For example, I have an old activity that was a three mile run, at 6:20, 6:20,6:10 and I want to my Virtual Partner to run 6:40, 6:20, 5:50 on the same course, how do I adjust just those sections of the run. Thank you in advance for your time. I'm not exactly a fan of gadgets, and I am starting to resent all of the time I am spending trying to figure out a watch. I bought it as a training tool, and now I feel like I'm the tool.

Re 1: I've got another error report a few days ago concerning waypoint support and edge 305. I think that I've spotted and fixed a bug. The fix will be part of the next version
Re 2: Yes, this action work on the complete course. That's how it is designed.

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Waypoint and Courses