Downloads: 1,161 (12) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Dec 5, 2014

Beta testers for Waypoints and Courses plugin wanted

Beta testers for Waypoints and Courses plugin wanted

Postby old_man_biking » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:29 am

Hi folks,

I've added several new features to this plugin and applied lots of internal changes in the gear box.
Although I've tested thoroughly myself, I'd like to have a few daring users have another look at the plugin before releasing it to the public.

If you'd like to participate in a brief beta test, please send me a PM with your email address and "Betatest Waypoints and Courses plugin" as subject.

Cheers,
OMB

PS: Changes in the upcoming release

Code: Select all
* NEW:   "Add elevation" action: renamed to "Add/fix elevation"; can now fix elevation tracks that come from barometric altimeters which have drifted
* NEW:   support for Garmin devices with FIT files (edge 500, edge800) in various places: export/import of waypoints and courses to/from Garmin Devices an files
* NEW:   Waypoints view: hierarchical view (by symbol, category, location, ...)
* NEW:   Waypoints view: mass edit - change lots of waypoints with a few mouse clicks
* NEW:   Waypoints view: added a column to indicate if a waypoint has an image
* NEW:   Courses view - Import from File: added "Bryton GPX" to the list of file types to allow import of files from brytonsports.com as courses
* NEW:   added support for the search and replace function of Activity Documentation plugin; you can now search and replace in waypoints and courses as well
* NEW:   support for AfterImportPlugin to automatically add/correct elevation after import
* NEW:   support for TrainingAnalysis plugin so that next version of TA can use courses for comparison
* CHANGED: Courses/Waypoints view: slightly rearranged the menu in the left column
* CHANGED: lots of internal changes for import/export waypoints/courses to/from devices
* CHANGED: Courses view: several optimizations for better use of screen real estate
* FIXED: Course points: reducing the "Pause" value of a course point didn't work properly; fixed now
* FIXED: "Edit - Apply GPS Track From - ..." could cause ST to hang when you tried to apply a GPS track that was 0km long; this should be fixed now
* FIXED: Courses view: the distance of course points could be off due a UTC/local time issue; this should be fixed now
* FIXED: Courses view: switching the chart between "per distance" and "per elapsed time" display would result in improperly set course point markers on the X axis; this should be fixed now
* FIXED: Courses/Waypoints view - Upload Garmin Map: fixed a few bugs
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Beta testers for Waypoints and Courses plugin wanted

Postby dbrillha » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:02 pm

Just downloaded Waypoints and Courses to try it out. It says it expired over a year ago. Strange. How can I try this plugin out before buying. I have started using Garmin "courses" to upload trail run routes into my Forerunner 305. It appears this plugin will do the job, rather than my current process of exporting a route from SportTracts in TCX format, uploading to Garmin's S/W and then loading it into my watch....

I'd be happy to try out the Beta... just need to test the feature and if it works, I'll buy it.
dbrillha

Postby old_man_biking » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:11 am

Hhm, an issue that happens to some users.
Workaround: order the plugin in my plugin shop. Proceed until the Paypal payment page opens. Instead of paying send me a PM with the invoice ID ("OMB ...") and I'll take care.

Sorry,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Postby sutil » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:26 am

Hi, Nevertheless I have the new version of the plugin: 3.0.4114 and also i've got the newest device the Forerunner 610. This device uses as well the .FIT format. The Waypoint ar locatet in a separet folder named "Locations" and the file it self named "1-1345-ANTFS-8.FIT". Unfortunately ST is not able to import this stored waypoints and also I was not able to export any waypoints down to the F610. If you appreciate to work with the files of my device I glady will send you this in PV mail.
Thanks
Beste Grüsse aus der Schweiz
Lucas

PS Jedes neue Gerät bringt eine neue Herausforderung :shock:
sutil

Postby old_man_biking » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:51 am

Waypoints are stored in the "Locations" folder.
However, new waypoints are transferred to the device by exporting the waypoint FIT file to the "New Files" folder on the device and restarting the device.
This should hold true for the 610 as well. Did you try it out?

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Waypoint and Courses