by mechgt

Downloads: 3,261 (5) • Reviews: 3

Version:

Updated:

Jan 31, 2012

Plug-in concept: Gear Indicater

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:24 pm

Today I checked my system log and found 2 existing keys
of gear chart plugin. One was about version 0.2.0 and the other the recent version 0.6.2.
Maybe this could cause some unexpected exeptions, check out your logs. :wink:
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

Postby trell » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:15 pm

6.3 does not work... :?
It installed correctly, but when st start deleted it. :cry:
trell

Postby mechgt » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:52 pm

trell wrote:6.3 does not work... :?

If you install it again, does it work? I've had this happen before (with other plugins.) It's -very- infrequent (for me), but it's happened. No idea why, or how to repeat it.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:21 am

Have look into the second post on that
faq: http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTr ... ght=update

Maybe this helps.
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

Postby trell » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:22 am

mechgt wrote:
trell wrote:6.3 does not work... :?

If you install it again, does it work? I've had this happen before (with other plugins.) It's -very- infrequent (for me), but it's happened. No idea why, or how to repeat it.

no one advice works! :cry:
now i can't "install" any version, old or the last one...
the pluglin voice isn't in st configuration
but fortunatly i found a working workaround...
i install the plugin (succesfully) open
C:\ProgramData\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\2.0\Plugins\Installed\095.. and copy GearChart folder into desktop
start st and it deleted the folder again
closed st
copy GearChart folder into st plugin folder
start st and now it seems works fine 8)
trell

Postby mechgt » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:16 pm

v0.7.0 just posted. Changes listed below:
- Coasting column added
- Slight modification of statistics algorithm to be more accurate (data in table).

Note that 'Time' column is total time in gear, inclucing coasting time; same as it's always been.
Coasting is currently defined as any time cadence is below 30 rpm. I've got a problem where I can't read the ST cadence cutoff setting, so that's why it's hard coded.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby 7270martin » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:17 am

Thanks for you latest update. The coasting info is pretty cool.

However, I still have the problem with the same gear information for several bikes, see my post of Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:19 pm in this thread.

The gear info for my indoor bike is fine, but the gear infor for my MTB is the same as for my indoor bike, even tough entered correctly and saved the logbook before.

What about the other users with several bikes? Does it work for you?
7270martin
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:42 am

mechgt wrote:v0.7.0 just posted. Changes listed below: - Coasting column added...

Also, thanks for adding the extra lines on the cassette section of the Settings page.
I really wanted to try out the coasting column but now I get the error below. The prior v0.6.3 does not throw any exceptions but v0.7.0 seems to fault on all my activities :twisted:
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at GearChart.UI.DetailPage.GearStats..ctor(INumericTimeDataSeries gearTrack, Single gear, IActivity activity)
at GearChart.UI.DetailPage.GearChartDetail.RefreshTree()
at GearChart.UI.DetailPage.GearChartDetail.RefreshPage()
at GearChart.UI.DetailPage.GearChartPage.ShowPage(String bookmark)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.UI.Controls.PageSelectorBanner.ShowCurrentPage()
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.UI.Controls.PageSelectorBanner.ShowPage(IDialogPage page)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.UI.Controls.PageSelectorBanner.Menu_Select(Object sender, EventArgs e)
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

No data!?!

Postby vblaster » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:51 am

Hi, thanks for the plugin. I have a problem; the total time is correctly but the intermediate value don't appears (see attached jpg). what is the problem?

Thanks in advance.
Vblaster

[IMG]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8840/gearj.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
vblaster

Re: No data!?!

Postby mechgt » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:12 am

vblaster wrote:Hi, thanks for the plugin. I have a problem; the total time is correctly but the intermediate value don't appears.

You may have not setup your gear settings (see settings page), or assigned the equipment to the activity.

Note the combobox at the top of the settings page... you can setup different gear settings with different pieces of equipment. I like to associate my gear settings with wheelsets (I have different wheels with different cassette gears).
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:04 pm

mechgt wrote:...Note the combobox at the top of the settings page... you can setup different gear settings with different pieces of equipment. I like to associate my gear settings with wheelsets (I have different wheels with different cassette gears).

Does this mean I can have separate wheelset settings and separate chain ring (ie frameset) settings? Not sure how to manage this if I had a large number of bikes and wheelsets.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:04 pm

texmurphy wrote:...I really wanted to try out the coasting column but now I get the error below. :twisted:

v0.7.1 posted to fix above problem. Thanks for the report Tex.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:11 pm

texmurphy wrote:
mechgt wrote:...Note the combobox at the top of the settings page... you can setup different gear settings with different pieces of equipment. I like to associate my gear settings with wheelsets (I have different wheels with different cassette gears).

Does this mean I can have separate wheelset settings and separate chain ring (ie frameset) settings? Not sure how to manage this if I had a large number of bikes and wheelsets.

Good question: Answer is no.

For instance, I have 2 bikes: mountain and road
For road bike, I have 2 rear wheels: 1 trainer, and 1 outside/regular use wheel.

The mountain bike is easy, because there's only 1 setup. For my road bike, my gear settings are associated with my wheels... when I'm on the trainer my gears are 1 thing, and when I'm outside riding, I've got a different setup.

If you have 2 road bikes with different chain ring sizes and you interchange the wheels, and the wheels have different cassette gears then... well I don't know. You'd have to find a piece of equipment that was unique to each case (here, it'd be 4 unique pieces of equipment). But you cannot setup big gears on the bike, and small gears on the wheelset. All settings have to be on 1 piece of equipment.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby 7270martin » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:13 pm

Would be cool to have elevation shaded in the graph, just like in the filtered statistics plugin.

This makes the graph better readable, when also displaying grade in %.
7270martin
Donated!
Donated!

Postby 7270martin » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:32 am

Did you had the chance to have a look at issue #1 re gear settings for several bikes?
See http://code.google.com/p/stgearchart/issues/detail?id=1

Thanks for your great work!
7270martin
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:03 am

I've been completely tied up recently, so no, not yet; but I will take a look as soon as I get a moment. I've got 2 wheelsets so I've got something to look at to try it out.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Martin, I'm pretty sure I fixed this bug when integrating Filtered Statistics in Gear Selection so the next release should fix this bug. I coudl send you an unoficial version if mechgt agrees.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:33 pm

I've got 1 last thing to fix... the initial zoom is acting up again. tex reported this a while ago, and it was fixed, but it's doing it for me again now. See if I can get this fixed first before releasing.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:33 pm

ok, it's in your hands then.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby 7270martin » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:07 pm

Thanks for the latest update! Love the new functions.

As I use the German version, I noted some translation errors:

1. 'Frequenz vs Durchschnitt' (cadence vs. average) should be 'Kadenz vs Durchschnitt'

2. 'Beginn' (starting elevation) should be 'Starthöhe'

3. Gesamtanstieg (ending elevation) should be 'Endhöhe'

4. For power, you use either 'Kraft' or 'Energie'. Best would bê 'Leistung'. However, 'Energie' is used in the German version of the standard ST program.

One suggesions:

Now, your plugin provedes so much fields next to each other. Even with 1920x1080, it is not possible to see all fields, even if no map is displayed.

What about adding the possibility to group similar fields (as in Excel). If grouped, only the averages (hr, power, speed, cadence, grade etc.) should be displayed. Below or above the column description you could add a '+'. If you click on '+', then all corresponding fields should be opened, as min/max/vs cadence. If all values of a certain category are displayed, then a '-' should be displayed, which allows to go back only to the average.

Thanks again for your great work!
7270martin
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:13 pm

I suppose you are talking to me?
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby 7270martin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:05 am

Yes, my post of yesterday is concerning the filtered statistics plugin, and not gear indicator.

Sorry about that.
7270martin
Donated!
Donated!

Catalogue

Postby DavidCHall » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:18 am

I notice this plugin does not appear in the ST plugin catalogue?

It should....
DavidCHall
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:45 pm

It's been submitted for a while now, but it's up to admin to approve. Personally, I feel like it's in a good state (programatically speaking) to be listed. Also, as far as I know, it is one of the only ones to interface with multiple other plugins (Activity Documentation & Filtered Statistics).
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby 7270martin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:25 am

This plugin is very interesting for cyclists. Not even wko+ includes such an analysis! Should definitively be listed in the plugin catalogue!

The interfaces with the other plugins are great. But what about an interface with the all new and great training analysis plugin (especially scatter chart, e.g. grade vs gear)?
7270martin
Donated!
Donated!

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Selection