Downloads: 3,377 (5) • Reviews: 3

Version:

Updated:

Jan 31, 2012

Trouble with Gear Selection Settings and Equipment

Trouble with Gear Selection Settings and Equipment

Postby mechgt » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:42 am

Got this question via email:

On the homepage, it shows how to get to the graph that shows gear ratio over time. I get that. I then want to see my actual gear ratios, so I know I have to go to the step ‘settings page/configuration’.

I am at the screen where you enter your gear settings. I start by entering a name for the setting at the top. What do I do when I finish typing – just hit enter? Nothing? The problem with this dialog box is that it doesn’t seem to be responding as it should to my inputs.

Anyways, I have the name entered and it shows up in the box at the top. Step two is to enter a chainring or two. I type ‘53’ in the box on the right. I click ‘Add’ expecting that ’53’ will then show up in the column to the left entitled ‘Chain Ring’. This is not the case. No response. I can’t get the chainring and cassette columns on the left to ever populate.

any ideas?
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Trouble with Gear Selection Settings and Equipment

Postby mechgt » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:52 am

Hmm, I think I may see the problem: You're not supposed to type anything into the top box. It's a drop down/combobox, and this is where you should be selecting a piece of equipment (something you've already defined elsewhere in ST). Select the piece of equipment that will represent these gear settings... I suggest maybe using your bike cassette if you're tracking that. See example below:

Sounds like I need to change that entry to not be confusing.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Gear Selection