Record Book

by mechgt

Downloads: 5,344 (9) • Reviews: 2

Version:

Updated:

Jun 23, 2012

Why does Record Book forget always the Category settings?

Why does Record Book forget always the Category settings?

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Mon May 28, 2012 12:35 pm

I just bought your plugin pack, Mechgt, and am busy with testing 6 of them. Actually I found only one strange thing so far. If I choose the Category, the types of activities I wish to include in the record calculation, it works fine, but this setting is not kept if I exit from ST3. Is it a feature or some kind of bug?
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Re: Why does Record Book forget always the Category settings

Postby mechgt » Mon May 28, 2012 6:53 pm

No not a bug, I had not considered saving that info, but I'll take that as an enhancement request. I would have expected that you might go to settings and make particular record categories for specific sports if you're always after a particular category. Does that suit your needs?
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Tue May 29, 2012 1:13 am

Thanks for the fast response.

My example is that eg I wish to find the min temp when cycling and (outdoor) running, but not hiking. Since in the structure of my activities cycling and running are at the same level either I choose cycling or running at the top of Record Book window. On the other hand there is no way to restructure my categories because it might happen that I wish to see the highest grade when cycling, but not hiking or running, etc

I had thought before your post that the Categories on the left of Record Book setting page is exactly to filter the categories on which Record Book is looking for data.

Actually I didnt get how your proposal would help me.
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby mechgt » Tue May 29, 2012 8:55 am

So you have specific things you're frequently interested in:
- Min Temp while cycling/running
- Min Temp while hiking

Add some new Extremes categories:
2012-05-29_0850.png
2012-05-29_0850.png (18.29 KiB) Viewed 5828 times

... and select the appropriate categories on the left to match with what you're trying to see.

Then, when you're in the main Record Book page, you'll have them separated out without any need to use the upper category filter:
2012-05-29_0849.png
2012-05-29_0849.png (22.97 KiB) Viewed 5828 times

FYI, my screens look a little different because I'm about to release a new version :)
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Tue May 29, 2012 9:35 am

I hadnt spotted this option, thanks for guiding.
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Postby Tisztul_A_Visztula » Tue May 29, 2012 4:37 pm

Actually now I understood what I had misunderstood and why.

In spite of my confess in my previous post, I did spot the categories on the left, but it is a disturbing effect that in each record category (distance, extremes, now/then) there can be one item selected at the same time. So practically there can be 3 items selected at the same time and it is not evident which item from the 3 is active. So one cannot judge that the activity categories ticked and unticked are related to the the selected distance item, to the selected extremes item or to the selected now/them item.

At the very first beginning it is not a problem, because all the items are unselected, but if one starts to click on the items in more than one record categories, he will become confused.

So I deem it is the behaviour to be reviewed.
Cheers,
Zoltan
Tisztul_A_Visztula

Return to Record Book