Record Book

by mechgt

Downloads: 5,344 (9) • Reviews: 2

Version:

Updated:

Jun 23, 2012

Either Enhancement Request or explain to the less knowing.

Either Enhancement Request or explain to the less knowing.

Postby ToeJammer » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:05 pm

I like what this plugin does, but would like to be able to put Activity (Category Type) = Running -->Race (Which I can do...) then NOT identify the best time *within* an activity, just in the activity that has been defined as a "Marathon" or "Half-Marathon", so if I ran the fastest 5K ever, but it was done while actually running a Half Marathon it would *not* appear.... In other words I just want to see my fastest "true" half marathon or 5k or whatever race it was. The other aspect of this is that it appears to use the exact distance entered. Unfortunately due to differences in race course and/or Garmin GPS distances the log may show a half marathon as 13.2, or 13.3 or even 13.5... almost never exactly 13.1 miles. Can a range to the distance specified be added to account for these differences? If it just looked at the name of the Category Type maybe that would do it... User could pick "Category" = Running, then Race, then in the plugin settings define "Half Marathon" is a Running-->Race with a min/max range for this filter (like 13.0 to 13.5).
Hope this is at least a little bit clear.
George
ToeJammer
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Either Enhancement Request or explain to the less knowin

Postby ksherman » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:25 pm

You could create a custom field called race type or race distance. Populate this field with the "official" distance, then just use the reports view, selecting as you see fit (e.g. Category = Run:Race with Race Distance = 10) and sequence on time descending.
Keith Sherman
Garmin Edge 800, Garmin Fenix3
Trek Domane 2016
Specialized Roubaix SL3 '11
Specialized Epic '15
ksherman
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Either Enhancement Request or explain to the less knowin

Postby mechgt » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Another option...
I have subcategories under Running > Race, such as 10k, 5k, Marathon, etc. Update your activities to have a more specific category and it should do what you're after, and you'd also be able to specifically target these activities elsewhere in ST.

Being able to analyze activities to find the fastest subsections is one of the main points of Record Book. You mention not all HMs are 13.2, but sometimes 13.3, 13.4, etc. If you trust your Garmin, then this will put them all on a level playing field, and you can more accurately compare what you're capable of. In other words, was a slower race time due to a longer course (or you choosing a longer path), or because you were actually slower? If they were the exact same length, were you faster or slower? This is why looking at the subsections is important and interesting, not only the recorded distance/time.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Record Book