Downloads: 5,344 (9) • Reviews: 2

Version:

Updated:

Jun 23, 2012

Time to calc records

Time to calc records

Postby RogC » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi,
Just started using this & have a request, is there any way to either reduce the time taken to recalculate the records, or only recalculate on request.
With my logbook it takes 2 mins after selecting the record book view before I can see any records & if I navigate away to see the details of a particular record, when I come back it sits for another 2 mins doing the calculations.
Cheers
Roger
RogC
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Time to calc records

Postby mechgt » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:50 pm

Improving calculation time is the next big thing on the TODO list for Record Book. I've got some other items on my list before I get back to RB improvements, but yes, I've got specific plans to work improvements into a future release.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:47 am

mechgt wrote:Improving calculation time is the next big thing on the TODO list for Record Book. I've got some other items on my list before I get back to RB improvements, but yes, I've got specific plans to work improvements into a future release.

1+
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

Postby HENNES » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:55 am

RogC wrote:Hi,
Just started using this & have a request, is there any way to either reduce the time taken to recalculate the records, or only recalculate on request.
With my logbook it takes 2 mins after selecting the record book view before I can see any records & if I navigate away to see the details of a particular record, when I come back it sits for another 2 mins doing the calculations.
Cheers
Roger

???

1. it takes 15secs on my 4years old pc - what r u using/doing?
2. recalculation is sth which can be done avery few months, as obviously there is not much change in there

3. what do I miss here?
rgds hennes
- kickbiking with FR 305 and STs 3

runner´s map ... EURE Karte für Laufveranstaltungen - zum MITMACHEN!!!
http://www.runnersmap.info
...mehr als DREI TAUSEND Laufveranstaltungen!
HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Postby RogC » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:40 pm

11+Mb Logbook with ~1600 activities
Running on a Samsung NC10 Netbook (so not particularly powerful but never has problems with things like Microsoft Office etc)
Its not so much the time to calculate because as you say it should only need to be done infrequently, but, more the fact it always recalculates when I navigate into the record book & I cant see any way to stop it.
RogC
Donated!
Donated!

Postby HENNES » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:31 am

RogC wrote:11+Mb Logbook with ~1600 activities

me: 14+mb logbook ~700 activities

Its not so much the time to calculate because as you say it should only need to be done infrequently, but, more the fact it always recalculates when I navigate into the record book

Why navigate into it when nothing changes???

& I cant see any way to stop it.

Generally good point, no need to recalculate for each visit there - maybe it could be handled like "caluculated fields" plugin, where I need to push a button for recalculation!
rgds hennes
- kickbiking with FR 305 and STs 3

runner´s map ... EURE Karte für Laufveranstaltungen - zum MITMACHEN!!!
http://www.runnersmap.info
...mehr als DREI TAUSEND Laufveranstaltungen!
HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Postby clackerz » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:55 pm

I have a 15mb logbook and it takes 15secs to load the calcs. My Laptop is around 4+years old now....

For me it only calculates once - that I can tell - the first time it is opened (after ST has been opened for the day).
I would assume that if you alter your logbook - i.e. import/add new activity it would recalculate - which is what it should do.
But a "Calc Now" option would be good as well....
clackerz
Contributor!
Contributor!

Return to Record Book