by hn

Downloads: 2,336 (3) • Reviews: 0

Version:

Updated:

Jul 29, 2011

Matrix not finding track

Matrix not finding track

Postby ksherman » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:58 pm

I have set up a matrix xml file for a hill climb I do regularly. Yesterday I did the climb 3 times, I have checked and edited the route and have recorded points within a metre or two of the start and end points. I changed the default tolerance from 100m to 10m but that made no difference.
The problem is that despite having 3 runs up the hill of about 8 minutes each and 3 down of about 3 mins, I only have one uphill getting picked up of 19:54. This is 2 up and one down. And on one prior run it would find the up but not the down.
Any assistance appreciated

Cheers
Keith Sherman
Garmin Edge 800, Garmin Fenix3
Trek Domane 2016
Specialized Roubaix SL3 '11
Specialized Epic '15
ksherman
Donated!
Donated!

And

Postby ksherman » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:27 pm

I edited the gpx file to set the start/bottom and end/top points to exactly match the xml settings file and then it would only pick up one of the uphills. Am I asking more of the plugin than it was designed to do? Does it rely on the data being in separate track files?
Keith Sherman
Garmin Edge 800, Garmin Fenix3
Trek Domane 2016
Specialized Roubaix SL3 '11
Specialized Epic '15
ksherman
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Matrix not finding track

Postby gerhard » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:25 am

ksherman wrote:The problem is that despite having 3 runs up the hill of about 8 minutes each and 3 down of about 3 mins, I only have one uphill getting picked up of 19:54. This is 2 up and one down. And on one prior run it would find the up but not the down.

The plugin only handles one passage of each point. Should be the first and last. The version in the catalog requires that a point is located in the radius, maybe there is no hit?

You might be interested in the Trails plugin instead, that handles the multiple passing. If you are new at it, I suggest the latest betas of the plugin. With matching versions of Matrix, the plugins cooperates, can use Trail position groups in Matrix (but Matrix handles one passage still).

http://hem.bredband.net/gerhardnospam/t ... .st2plugin
http://hem.bredband.net/gerhardnospam/t ... .st2plugin
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Return to Matrix