by hn

Downloads: 2,336 (3) • Reviews: 0

Version:

Updated:

Jul 29, 2011

Major improvements 'Matrix plug-in'

Major improvements 'Matrix plug-in'

Postby hn » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Major improvements have been done for the Matrix plug-in. The plug-in has now more features and easier to easy.

Download link: http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Plugins/plugin_detail.php?id=75

Version 0.5.0 - 2009/07/08
- NEW FUNC: Position groups can be stored in separate .XML files - easy to edit and share with other
- NEW FUNC: Possibility to hide blank rows and columns from result grid:
so can have a lot of positions and only display the relevant ones (is off by default)
can be turned on by changing attribute on the position group or by the context menu
- FIXED : Google 'get direction' between two position, now display route 'by walking' insteadof 'by car'
- FIXED : No longer neccessary to enter a default position group in .XML file
- FIXED : UniqueRoutes integration improved, e.g. will work with non-US versions of Windows XP
- DEV. NOTE: Solution upgraded to Visual Studio 2008
hn

Postby gerhard » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:55 pm

Nice to see updates. Cannot really test it, as my custom locations were lost, need to dig up a backup (probably not lost in the upgrade, I made a reinstallation and may have missed the file).

This brings up a long standing usability issue that I miss in the plugin: Easier to add Matrix points. I have two suggestions, there are more:
1. Integration with Trails plugin. Requires naming of points in Trails, then Matrix can use the groups.
2. Use GPX files. Then the user can make fake routes, export them to files, add names and use as Matrix point.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby markw65 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:21 pm

gerhard wrote:Nice to see updates. Cannot really test it, as my custom locations were lost, need to dig up a backup (probably not lost in the upgrade, I made a reinstallation and may have missed the file).

This brings up a long standing usability issue that I miss in the plugin: Easier to add Matrix points. I have two suggestions, there are more:
1. Integration with Trails plugin. Requires naming of points in Trails, then Matrix can use the groups.
2. Use GPX files. Then the user can make fake routes, export them to files, add names and use as Matrix point.

How about an option to automatically add all the split locations for all the selected activities?
markw65
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gerhard » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:45 pm

markw65 wrote:How about an option to automatically add all the split locations for all the selected activities?

Yes, that is another alternative, but it would be good if the points could be saved.
More than one method can be used, the code is open and hn has said that he would like to see contributions.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Upgrade shouldn't delete any files

Postby hn » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:28 am

gerhard wrote:Nice to see updates. Cannot really test it, as my custom locations were lost, need to dig up a backup (probably not lost in the upgrade, I made a reinstallation and may have missed the file).

(...)

Upgrading to newest version of Matrix shouldn't delete any files. Wiht 0.5.0 it is now easier to backup the files, since the Position Groups can be stored in separate files (I suggest all users to use this option)

I appreciate all feedback and suggestions to improvements. Hope I will have some time to implement these fixes (if anyone wants to help, give me a hint - code is open and saved at Codeplex)
hn

Re: Major improvements 'Matrix plug-in'

Postby HENNES » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:31 am

hn wrote:The plug-in has now more features and easier to easy.

I wish all plugins would be like that :D

Thanks for your work!
rgds hennes
- kickbiking with FR 305 and STs 3

runner´s map ... EURE Karte für Laufveranstaltungen - zum MITMACHEN!!!
http://www.runnersmap.info
...mehr als DREI TAUSEND Laufveranstaltungen!
HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Postby trell » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:05 am

The best thing would be to select the points on the map, or a rectangle with area :roll:
trell

Postby gerhard » Wed May 19, 2010 3:03 pm

A new version is available:

http://matrix.codeplex.com/releases/view/45586

Changes:
* Works with UniqueRoutes plugin on Google Code
* Works in Linux (path changes, variable usage etc)
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Re: Major improvements 'Matrix plug-in'

Postby rbid » Sun May 23, 2010 8:20 am

hn wrote:Major improvements have been done for the Matrix plug-in. The plug-in has now more features and easier to easy.

Download link: http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Plugins/plugin_detail.php?id=75

Version 0.5.0 - 2009/07/08
- NEW FUNC: Position groups can be stored in separate .XML files - easy to edit and share with other
- NEW FUNC: Possibility to hide blank rows and columns from result grid:
so can have a lot of positions and only display the relevant ones (is off by default)
can be turned on by changing attribute on the position group or by the context menu
- FIXED : Google 'get direction' between two position, now display route 'by walking' insteadof 'by car'
- FIXED : No longer neccessary to enter a default position group in .XML file
- FIXED : UniqueRoutes integration improved, e.g. will work with non-US versions of Windows XP
- DEV. NOTE: Solution upgraded to Visual Studio 2008

I have donwloaded the plugin... but I'm not able to use it (to compare routes). Is there a some documentation on how to use it? (FAQ, RTFM, etc?)
--- Rbid (Ricky Marek in the Real World)
"Things are only impossible until they are not" --- Jean-Luc Picard
rbid

Postby gerhard » Sun May 23, 2010 5:02 pm

There are information on the home page:
http://matrix.codeplex.com/

Matrix Points must be added in external pages right now.

Note that the version in the Plugin Catalog (the link you posted) is older than the newest build (the link I posted). The newest version is required to use the plugin with the versions off GPS-Running plugins on Google Code. Same situation there as for Matrix and Trails: I can commit source code but not update the catalog, so installing/updating must be done outside of ST.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Return to Matrix