by hn

Downloads: 2,336 (3) • Reviews: 0

Version:

Updated:

Jul 29, 2011

Missing routes in Matrix

Missing routes in Matrix

Postby slcpunk » Wed May 20, 2009 3:39 pm

I hope I am not just confused. I added 2 points in the xml file. I have a route that is out and back that crosses those 2 points. When I use Matrix, it only picks up one direction per activity. (if I compare multiple activities it seems to randomly choose one direction or the other) I expanded my error correction to see if that would help ... no change.

any thoughts?

thanks
slcpunk

Postby texmurphy » Wed May 20, 2009 7:10 pm

Limitation of the Matrix plugin which allows only one pass through the selection points.
You may wish to try the Trails Plugin (In Development) which does some of the same things the Matrix Plugin does.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby slcpunk » Tue May 26, 2009 3:14 pm

For what its worth, I downloaded and modified the source code to avoid the problem I was seeing. Basically the logic was to always update the existing point whenever an activity crossed that point. So if your route started and ended in the same place, the plugin would overwrite the original point with the ending point (sometimes, depending on error tolerances)

I just added a statement to only update the point if the time was within 30 seconds as well. That way, at least it only updates the first occurance of each point in the route.

Still won't work for fancy things, and I can't quite figure out how to work all the code (i'm not used to his style of programming) to make it better.

But, like i said, one line made it work better for me. (simple 2 point routes that I want to compare between all my activities)
slcpunk

Return to Matrix