by hn

Downloads: 2,336 (3) • Reviews: 0

Version:

Updated:

Jul 29, 2011

The plugin Matrix has reached a major release, ver 0.4.0

The plugin Matrix has reached a major release, ver 0.4.0

Postby hn » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:37 am

I added some more functionality to the Matrix plug in: (hope you like it, this is my contribution to the great tool SportTracks).

- Added more data sources, so it easier to compare current activity with other activities. This gives much more flexibility in selected activities (without the need of activity reports, and the edit ....)

- Improved GUI so you can keep one data source while switching activities. And added a background pattern in diagonal (which never contains any value) + some color when you compare your results

- Fixed a bug: Sorting of values is now based on the type (not always sorted by time). And the progress bar is only displayed if it takes more than 300 milliseconds to perform calculations

I have also updated the documentation at http://www.codeplex.com/matrix/

The plug in is available through the Plugin page her at SportTracks: http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Plugins/plugin_detail.php?id=75
hn

Postby mlennox » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:57 am

Do you plan to release a version using the new ST plugin packaging format for easy installation?
mlennox

ST2Plugin is available

Postby hn » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:39 pm

I have now created a ST2Plugin file, and it works fine. But when upgrading from one version to another version doesn't seem straight forward (http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTr ... 6920#16920), so I hope to get some answer to this.
hn

Re: ST2Plugin is available

Postby clackerz » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:06 pm

hn wrote:I have now created a ST2Plugin file, and it works fine. But when upgrading from one version to another version doesn't seem straight forward (http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTr ... 6920#16920), so I hope to get some answer to this.

I have had this trouble with another update.
The folder that the STPlugin installs to needs to be deleted prior to the update working.

Something to do with the folder already existing.....
clackerz
Contributor!
Contributor!

Out of scope for Matrix - but should be part of SportTracks

Postby hn » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:08 am

I think that is out of scope for the plugins (e.g. Matrix) and should be handled by SportTracks plugin installation routine.

I will continue to deploy both the .dll and the .st2... file so users can chose of they want to install.

I would like to see that SportTracks handles updating version is a more user-friendly matter.
hn

Postby TomasR » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:26 am

As I have said in the closed part of the forum:
Plugins installed in the plugins folder at the installation path ST will not try to remove. Instead of ST guessing how the plugin is installed it is up to the user to remove it.

So, simply, to upgrade to a .st2plugin
1: Close ST
2: Open
C:\Program\Zone Five Software\SportTracks 2.0\Plugins
in Explorer and delete the plugin you wish to upgrade.
3: Install new st2plugin-version

You have now migrated.

But yes, SportTrack could have handled this a bit better. Some more info would not have been wrong. It has been kind of silent about this functionality in the public forum, should be cymbals and drums to celebrate this big step!
TomasR
Donated!
Donated!

Matrix (0.4.2.0) support the great new SportTracks plugin

Postby hn » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:05 am

Matrix is now updated to support the new SportTracks plugin + better integration with Unique Routes

Link to download:
http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Plugins/plugin_detail.php?id=75
or
http://www.codeplex.com/matrix/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx
hn

Postby mlennox » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:55 am

I just installed the new version but the settings screen is still telling me that there is a newer version of the plugin available even though I have the latest.
mlennox

Postby gerhard » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:58 am

mlennox wrote:I just installed the new version but the settings screen is still telling me that there is a newer version of the plugin available even though I have the latest.

Known problem in ST core program. You can see that ST reports that the installed revision is 0.4.2 and available version is 0.4.2.0 (which is higher when comparing). ST core cuts off the last number (sometimes more, see the AfterImport plugin where installed version is reported as 0.3 and latest available is 0.3.3007.1
It has always been like this for plugins, but has not mattered much until now.

As a plugin writer, you can get around the problem be changing the revision until ST reports all entered numbers. (That gives less flexibility in the release process.)

admin is aware of the problem, but he is puzzled.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Re: Matrix (0.4.2.0) support the great new SportTracks plugi

Postby texmurphy » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:54 pm

hn wrote:Matrix is now updated to support the new SportTracks plugin + better integration with Unique Routes

I used the new MatrixPlugin.st2plugin and now it complains the UniqueRoutes is in a different folder. What is best approach: move UniqueRoutes to MatrixPlugin ST2 controlled folder or move MatrixPlugin to UniqueRoutes folder in old ST2 plugins folder or wait for UniqueRoutes to be made a st2plugin type install?

Edit: I moved the UniqueRoutes folder into the ST2 controlled plugin directory for the MatrixPlugin. I think maybe I will remove it before any ST2 controlled plugin updates. However, both Matrix and Unique Routes are performing ok :)

Edit (11June2008): Latest Matrix st2plugin version works correctly with UniqueRoutes in seperate folder.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:37 pm

Hadn't looked at this plugin before today but I'm really impressed. I was actually thinking of something similar, but this definitely caters for my needs.

Well done hn.
Chris
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mlennox » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:37 pm

Will there be a new version of Matrix soon that properly reports the version number so that it doesn't show up in the plugin manager as not being current?
mlennox

Return to Matrix