by hn

Downloads: 2,336 (3) • Reviews: 0

Version:

Updated:

Jul 29, 2011

New plugin - Matrix - available for SportTracks

Postby 7270martin » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:11 am

@Heiko

No clue from where i get values for lon/ lat for a selected activity.
My idea is that the plugin should set these values for the activity from the imported gps route e.g. through a simple mouse click in route view.

This would be the best way, but currently, the coordinates have to be entered manually.

In Sporttracks settings menu (general, not plug-in related), select view and set gps-location to the format with 4 decimal places (second from above). Then again settings menu, select view and track/route and add location in the details menu.
Now, if you click somewhere on the track, the coordinates are displayed. These coordinates now need to be manually entered in the preference-file.

Try it out!
7270martin
Donated!
Donated!

Postby showDown » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:41 am

Selecting route view/ explore - measure i get the gps coordinates for every point of the map within ST2. But filling gps points of my run into preference file shows no result. Right click on a cell shows an option "activity" named "test".
I have no activity "test" in my logbook nor defined in preferences.xml :?

I had to add "location" in details menu. My defined point names are shown but i still get no results from the plugin.

Any hints?

regards,
Heiko
showDown
Donated!
Donated!

Postby showDown » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:12 pm

I think it´s a good idea to have a possibility for comparing different sections of e.g. long tempo runs or tempo intervals (fartlek workouts).
But i still don´t get the plugin working.
I imported the files from matrix_plugin Examples.
Plugin is available but i still get no results - all cells are empty. :?:

No messages available. Any idea?

regards,
Heiko
showDown
Donated!
Donated!

Debug - Send me (some of) your files

Postby hn » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:40 am

Hi showDown, if you send me your ST-logbook, .GPX files or something else that I can import into ST together with the preferences.xml file for you %appdata% folder - I can take look into why don't get any data.

Please write a short comment I what is expected result, e.g. for activity on 16th April 2008 I was cycling from A to B to C. And 17th I was cycling from B to C.

If other people have the same problem, they can do the same.

e-mail: hnaess@hotmail.com
hn

Postby showDown » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:51 am

hn,
i imported your gpx files "example-from-A-to-B" and "example-from-B-to-A".
The preferences file was generated by your current plugin dll - so the "package" should fit.
So at this moment there is nothing to mail for testing - all files and preference values are already available for you.

The plugin reads the preference file, at least my edited point names are shown in the table.

As i remember, trell had the same issue with his configuration.

Hope you solve it - i´m curious to test the plugin with several unique 17k fartlek sessions i finished in the past.

regards,
Heiko
showDown
Donated!
Donated!

Postby showDown » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:10 am

7270martin wrote:Currently, the result fields are empty, but I have to install hn-GPStrack first. Mmust do that this evening, as I have to leave now for work.

You are speaking about the hn gpx example files, don´t you?
Hope this is not another necessary plugin which i need to setup the matrix plugin...

regards,
Heiko
showDown
Donated!
Donated!

Postby trell » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:11 am

showDown wrote:hn,

As i remember, trell had the same issue with his configuration.

yes, i import sample a-b , b-a file , preference default a non data inside (basis and extended).
now i have installed vs2005, before it was vs2008 and open souce file i have 3-4 errors; i build a new plugin the same but unfortunately no results :cry:
the errors were (level4)
c:\programme\Zone Five Software\... > c:\ program files\....

Warning 1 The variable 'ex' is declared but never used C:\Program Files\Zone Five Software\SportTracks 2.0\Plugins\UI\Settings\SettingsUC.cs 88 10 MatrixPlugin
Warning 2 The event 'MatrixPlugin.ActivityDetailPage.PropertyChanged' is never used C:\Program Files\Zone Five Software\SportTracks 2.0\Plugins\UI\Activity\ActivityDetailPage.cs 31 48 MatrixPlugin
Warning 3 The event 'MatrixPlugin.Action.PropertyChanged' is never used C:\Program Files\Zone Five Software\SportTracks 2.0\Plugins\UI\Action\Action.cs 28 48 MatrixPlugin

probably the plugin requires some dll or file that I did not in the PC
trell

Great feedback 7270martin - all feedback is appreciated

Postby hn » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:03 pm

Really great feedback 7270martin. Detailed feedback on minor and major improvements - this is really valuable for me as a developer of this plugin.

All your issues are posted to the Issue Tracking list for the plug in, which is located at http://www.codeplex.com/matrix/WorkItem/List.aspx

At that list users can vote for issues, and write new issue. It is also easy to track if the issues are fixed in what release.

All feedback is appreciated,
and again, thank you 7270martin.
hn

Postby 7270martin » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:31 am

@Heiko

Actually, I did not use use HN's gpx-sample file, and I did not try to. Instead, I used an own gpx-file of a bike race and changed the coordinates in the preference-file according to the bike race's profile. After saving the changes to the preference-file, I had to close Sporttracks, and open it again, and the time and speed-data of each section was correctly displayed (after increasing GPS error correction to 250 meters).

@HN
Thank you for your reply. I was not aware that I could directly enter the suggestions on CodePlex. Now I hope that as many users as possibe vote for them:-)

Thanks again for your work.
7270martin
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gerhard » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:23 pm

One suggestion:
I do not use names for activities and it would be nice it the Activity start time was listed in the tool tip, "filling" the space.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby Adrieintveen » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:07 pm

Hello Hn,

I think your plugin is very nice for me but i have problems to get it working.

Selecting the matrix window, always the fields are empty.

Steps:
- import example-from-A-to-B.gpx succesfully in Sporttracks.
Showing gps data in tabel and satelitte view.
- import example-from-B-to-A.gpx succesfully in Sporttracks.
Showing gps data in tabel and satelitte view.
- plugin matrix is visible
- "edit with notepath button" shows your preferences.xml

I use matrix version 0.2.1

Kind Regards,
Adrie
Adrieintveen

Postby showDown » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:42 pm

It seems to be a localisation problem.
The plugin works with US-Win Systems but not e.g. for a German system.
You have to change your country option in control system.
Change the digits separator from "," to "." and you get the values.
Another solution:
Change the separator of the coordinates in preferences file from "." to ",".

Hope hn can solve the problem soon.

regards,
Heiko
showDown
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mazoaguirre » Fri May 09, 2008 12:27 pm

gerhard wrote:One suggestion:
I do not use names for activities and it would be nice it the Activity start time was listed in the tool tip, "filling" the space.

please me too, i use name just to races

and i have a blank spaces and i discovered that the tool tip ordered the info, so is not posibble to see what activitie related is

thanks

by the way i am on version Matrix Beta 3 (0.3.0.0)downloaded today
FR 310 and Foot Pod, Edge 500 and Cadence Sensor, GoPro HD 960
mazoaguirre.com
mazoaguirre
Contributor!
Contributor!

New version, with several fixes

Postby hn » Sun May 11, 2008 5:19 am

And new version is avaialable at http://www.codeplex.com/Release/Project ... seId=13306

some fixes and possible to decided your own format of the tooltip. I will add support for more tooltip data later, e.g. HR, max HR etc...
hn

Any other way to invoke Matrix on many activities?

Postby alphamoose » Mon May 12, 2008 12:35 am

I'm wondering, since Matrix can take the output of Unique Routes, if there's any other way to get it to look at several activities. Maybe I'm missing something obvious. I started looking at the source code, but I'm not up to speed on the SportTracks API, so I don't know what I'm looking for.
alphamoose
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Any other way to invoke Matrix on many activities?

Postby gerhard » Mon May 12, 2008 3:20 am

alphamoose wrote:I'm wondering, since Matrix can take the output of Unique Routes, if there's any other way to get it to look at several activities.

As with most plugins, select week or month in Daily Activities or use Report View to select activities. Then Edit -> Matrix

(I take this chance to push for a merge of the Daily and the Report view again, where Activity pages work also for Multiple activities if so defined.)
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby texmurphy » Mon May 12, 2008 9:42 am

Thanks for the update, especially the date/time in the tooltip. Currently my most used plugin :D

Some ideas:

1. Any chance to load the tooltip to a window so I don't have to paste it somewhere to search it (some gps route sections return lots of hits);

2. When including lots of activities, it would be nice if there were a recalculate button. If I make several parameter changes I have to wait while the plugin does a Unique Routes plus any calculations for each of the change steps;

3. Settings should include a default setting for "slowest/median/fastest" and for "time/speed";

4. Tooltip export as delimited fields for import to a spreadsheet.

Edit:

5. Copy of the matrix to clipboard does not include the left (y-axis) column titles but includes the top (x-axis) row titles;

6. A large matrix for a many segmented training ride quickly becomes unviewable. So I suggest:
6a. Lock the y-axis titles and scroll the data columns as is done with the x-axis titles;
6b. Option to shrink the column widths.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mazoaguirre » Mon May 12, 2008 1:30 pm

i dont sure if this is new bug, feature or i am out of my mind and dreamt it
:lol:

in last release, i add new group, in Note Pad (called by the plugin) save the changes, close the notepad and refresh in setting configuratuion plugin

but when i try to call this group it not available, i need to close and restart ST prior to can use the new group.

i think before this release was not need to restat ST to work :?: , or maybe i have to much work and i need vacations :evil:
mazoaguirre.com
mazoaguirre
Contributor!
Contributor!

New version, with several fixes

Postby hn » Tue May 13, 2008 3:27 pm

texmurphy and mazoaguirre, thank you for the feedback.

mazoaguirre I have done a fix for the refresh (so working better).

texmurphy I have fixed a lot of the issues you listed in your post. I will into to the other laters.
hn

Postby showDown » Tue May 13, 2008 6:57 pm

Separator problem is solved - works fine now with comma as decimal separator in a German Windows localization.

Is it possible that matrix considers the direction of a route?
At this time matrix doens´t work correctly with routes, which have a turning point.
So far Matrix can´t handle the start/ stop point in this example, because start/ stop coordinates are more or less identical:

regards,
Heiko
showDown
Donated!
Donated!

Some more..

Postby hn » Wed May 14, 2008 4:04 am

Seperator checks localization so it uses , for some part of the world and ; for others.

Matrix handle direction of a route, but currently not supporting passing the same position several times on a tracks: http://www.codeplex.com/matrix/WorkItem ... ItemId=633

Planning to fix this issue soon/later.

Feel free to join me if you are (or want to be) a .Net Developer
hn

New version - Massive performance improvements

Postby hn » Fri May 16, 2008 2:12 am

Thanks for all your great feedback, it encourages me to continue to improve Matrix.

A new version is out: http://www.codeplex.com/Release/Project ... seId=13410

and the performance should be much much better. I cache the results, so if only changes parameters on the same position it doesn't need to reload data.
hn

Postby texmurphy » Fri May 16, 2008 9:24 am

Newest version (3.3.0) reports speed in metric but labeled for non-metric. E.g. 16.6 mph for prior version now reports as 26.7 mph (16.6 mph = 26.7 kph).

(When will the US join the global community so we don't crash more landers on Mars!)

Fresh idea: Compute Unique Routes then report variance from average speed for the viewed Daily Activity. :idea:
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mazoaguirre » Fri May 16, 2008 12:44 pm

hi hn:

will in the future can add to tooltip the pace, i mean speed is good for cycling but is not easy to read when running is coming, or maybe my brain is slow to do the maths in the head, and when i got the result i forgot what means :cry: maybe my alzhaimer? :lol:
mazoaguirre.com
mazoaguirre
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Sat May 17, 2008 3:02 pm

Great enhancement hn in the last release.
Would be much appreciated if you could add also
avg/max hr and to get it complete cad.

Thanks for your terrific plugin
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

PreviousNext

Return to Matrix