by hn

Downloads: 2,336 (3) • Reviews: 0

Version:

Updated:

Jul 29, 2011

New plugin - Matrix - available for SportTracks

New version 0.3.4.0

Postby hn » Sun May 18, 2008 7:49 am

New version 0.3.4.0 https://www.codeplex.com/Release/Projec ... seId=13522 is available.

In the next version I will focus on improve the comparison with the base (selected activity) with all comparable routes (e.g. routes for unique routes).

- How is the pace calculated?
- Can anyone send me some data with HR data, so I can add calculations for the in the application (for tooltip)
hn

Postby texmurphy » Sun May 18, 2008 9:11 am

Matrix v0.3.4.0 faults with
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MatrixPlugin.ViewerController.Calculate(ProgressBar loadingProgressbar)
at MatrixPlugin.TableViewer.RefreshData()
at MatrixPlugin.TableViewer.TableViewer_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Full text of error sent in pm.

If I continue then will load only partial window under Daily Activity. Under Reports for multiple activities it hangs under Unique Routes calculation. A second load of ST2 results in WinXP terminating ST2.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gerhard » Sun May 18, 2008 2:57 pm

texmurphy wrote:Matrix v0.3.4.0 Exception

Same for me. Occurs if at least 2 (?) of the points matches the route. Activities with only one point (nothing in the matrix) load.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Could you send me some test data

Postby hn » Sun May 18, 2008 4:00 pm

I rewrote a lot of the code so it may have happened something in the refactoring of the code. Until I have fixed the issue, the 0.3.3.0 is now the default one.

texmurphy or gerhard can you please send me your logbook or data files so I can debug at my machine.
e-mail: hnaess@hotmail.com
hn

Postby texmurphy » Sun May 18, 2008 4:38 pm

Great plugin and a pleasure to help in your development.
Last edited by texmurphy on Tue May 20, 2008 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Version 0.3.5.0 is ready! - With colors as well :-)

Postby hn » Tue May 20, 2008 1:37 am

Version 0.3.5.0 - 2008/05/20
- NEW FUNC: Visually compare this activity with similar activities
- FIXED BUG: Fixed bug in 0.3.4.0, that caused Matrix to fail (quite often) in the first calculations
- FIXED BUG: Tooltip show time in local hours rather than UTC

Version 0.3.4.0 - 2008/05/17
- NEW FUNC: No separate Stopped time configuration should be required (#624)
- NEW FUNC: Can compare with base (todays) activity. Newer version will include color coloring
- FIXED BUG: Sort order (fastest, median, slowest) sort corrects both for speed and time (earlier versions was always based on time)
- FIXED BUG: Speed in metric but labeled for non-metric (#902)
hn

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi hn,

I found a little bug when I compare an activity with an other activity. If the difference is more than 1 minute
comparsion shows only the seconds less than a minute.

For example: time was 10.36 min today and fastest
time was 9.35 min the displayed difference is only
1 sec instead of 61 sec or 1.01 min.
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

Matrix 0.3.5.1 ready - fixed small bug

Postby hn » Tue May 20, 2008 6:41 pm

You were right, I used .Seconds and not .TotalSeconds. This is fixed now, and I new version is available at:
Version 0.3.5.1 - 2008/05/21
- FIXED BUG: If the difference was more than 1 minute comparsion shows only the seconds less than a minute.
hn

Postby texmurphy » Sat May 24, 2008 5:41 pm

Please add change in elevation to allowable tooltip fields.
E.g. Allowed value named {elevation} would show the gain/loss in elevation over the track segment.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

New verson of Matrix 0.3.6.0 released

Postby hn » Sun May 25, 2008 5:32 am

Fixed elevation for tooltip and check box for always using unique routes

http://www.codeplex.com/Release/Project ... seId=13732

Default tooltip text is now:
{time:15} {avgspeed:15} {starttime:25} {distance:10} {name:40} elevation: {elevation:10} {stoppedtime:10}

when you use Matrix for the first the or reset the config. You can always paste this into your existing preferences.xml if you want to.
hn

Postby gerhard » Sun May 25, 2008 3:02 pm

Good progress for the plugin

Regarding "Always use Unique routes". If selected, the "Unique Routes" calculation is done regardless if the Matrix page is visible or not. It is therefore slow to switch activities when selecting this...

The solution should be to check if the Matrix Activity page is visible before using Unique Routes to do the calculation - UR had the same problem previously.

In addition: it would be good if the checkbox is selected immediately before the calculation, so you can see that you clicked the right place.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby FrancoisPichette » Sun May 25, 2008 4:15 pm

Thanks for the plugin.

Would it be possible to add as a reference point your starting and ending location?

Let me give you an example:

Let's say I have a few points referenced, say point A,B,C and D.

If I run from my house to point A then B, then C, then D, then back to my house. I could figure out the time it takes to get from my house to point A.

I know you will probably say, just add a reference point at my house, but sometimes it takes a while for the satelite to pick up the signal so there isn't a specific location for 'my house'.
FrancoisPichette
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gerhard » Sun May 25, 2008 4:30 pm

FrancoisPichette wrote:If I run from my house to point A then B, then C, then D, then back to my house. I could figure out the time it takes to get from my house to point A.

hn has added this to the list, but it is a little difficult to define what should be included: What if you "come back" to A more than once? Should there be a hysteresis or minimal time from leaving and coming back? Should all points in the group be visited or at least one?

For the "no GPS fix at start", you can take a look at MiscPlugin, that can extend the start of an activity if the GPS track starts after the activity start.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Bug fix for Matrix - Version 0.3.6.2 released

Postby hn » Mon May 26, 2008 8:31 am

FrancoisPichette, I have currently started working on this. My idea is that: I record/use the second time you passes the same point as the "return" point (second time = if that point is two times the differance (tolereance distance (specififed in the preferences) than the first time you passed the point). The 3th, 4th etc. will be skipped. Sounds okay?

Gerhard, thanks for the performance tips. It should now have been fixed, and deployed and available at http://www.codeplex.com/matrix/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx
hn

Postby FrancoisPichette » Mon May 26, 2008 9:10 pm

Regarding using the misc pluging, this assumes that you keep a straight line.

The misc plugin extending works in the bewards direction as soon as the direction is picked up.

If you turn 90 degrees before the satelite picks up the signal, your track is extended in the wrong direction and thus, I would assume that the Matrix pluging reference point might not pick this up.

Regarding, passing the same point multiple times, hn your suggestion of making this the return point makes sense.
FrancoisPichette
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:58 pm

texmurphy wrote:Please add change in elevation to allowable tooltip fields.
E.g. Allowed value named {elevation} would show the gain/loss in elevation over the track segment.

Thanks for this addition to your great tool :D
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby cporcelli » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Hi I just installed the newest version of Matrix 0.4.0 I have installed the .dll version in the Unique activities folder like it says. When I open the Matrix tab under an activity the graph looks like it is in a different language and when I click on the graph it opens google maps to somewhere in Norway?? Also it says I did not install in the unique activities folder.
cporcelli

Problem with new plugin folder

Postby hn » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:54 am

If you used the version with the new .st2plugin it will probably fail. I will improved to logic for finding the Unique Route plugin. It will all be more easy when both plugins are fully migrated to the new ST2Plugin. I have deleted the ST2Plugin until I have improved this.

The plugin does currently only support english, so all text will be in english.

The locations that are generated by default are places in Norway, and you have to define your own places so the documentation at http://www.codeplex.com/matrix/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Getting%20started&referringTitle=Home. It a little bothersome, but it only has to be defined once! (Planing to improved this)
hn

Postby gerhard » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:59 am

FrancoisPichette wrote:If you turn 90 degrees before the satelite picks up the signal, your track is extended in the wrong direction and thus, I would assume that the Matrix pluging reference point might not pick this up.

"Extending the track" in MiscPlugin is not directly related to Matrix. It is just a way to insert a GPS point at the activity start, estimating a position that often have to be edited manually (as the positioning is often unreliable anyway after picking up satellites).
(Inserting GPS points could also be done by exporting an activity to a file and adding a GPS point at the start, then reimporting.)

So Matrix only uses the route you have saved.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby gerhard » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:47 pm

Use of Matrix as a tool to analyze splits/laps has been discussed. The following are some suggestions on how to do this.
Note: anyone can pitch in, Matrix is open source.

Split improvements:
* Enable both "recorded laps" and "Custom laps" as a basis for Matrix points. The points are by location only, so points within GPS error margin will have to be excluded.

Together with MapOverlay/AfterImport-AutoSplit, this makes ST a better "parts of track" analysis tool.

Crossing improvements:
* Handle all occurrences in the matrix. An activity A-B-C-B-C-B-A would for instance show in A-A once and B-C two times.

General improvements:
* Allow Matrix points - "GPS coordinates file" to have GPX track/waypoint/route formats, to simplify adding points (for instance in ST)
* View Matrix points on the map, w same info (in tooltip?) as in the Matrix
* Use "point and click" interface to add points, and add to list editable in ST
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby texmurphy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:49 am

* Add Power and Cadence to Matrix tooltips.

* Allow duplicate names in the matrix even though coordinate points are unique (e.g. name of a long street which is crossed or segmented many times must now have each encounter uniquely named).
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Previous

Return to Matrix