by hn

Downloads: 2,336 (3) • Reviews: 0

Version:

Updated:

Jul 29, 2011

Selecting All Activities causes ST to lock up

Selecting All Activities causes ST to lock up

Postby fishyweb » Mon May 30, 2011 4:42 am

I've found that if I use the matrix plugin and select All Activities as the data set, the progress bar progresses to approx 95% complete and then stops. From this point, ST is unresponsive to any key or mouse clicks. Windows Task Manager shows ST consuming an entire CPU core. I ultimately have to kill the ST process using task manager.

This is reproducible at will.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

This is with ST 3.0.4125, Matrix plugin 0.7.0.64809, and 64bit Win7. There's nothing showing up in the ST system log.
Steve
Using Garmin FR 230 for running, and Garmin Edge 820 (with cad, power and HR) for cycling
fishyweb
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Selecting All Activities causes ST to lock up

Postby gerhard » Mon May 30, 2011 5:29 pm

The progressbar is increased in two steps: First by each activity finding the close points, then when processing each row in the matrix finding the distances.
So it seems like the processing of the points takes a long time. It works for me though, even if it can take some time. My logbook has 1.4K activities, 1.2M points so it is not small, but probably smaller than yours.
I cannot see any particular bottle necks at a quick glance. More results will take longer, more like the cube (twice the results need 4 times the time) than linear (twice the results requires twice the time).
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby fishyweb » Mon May 30, 2011 5:48 pm

Ah, you're right! I was just not patient enough. :oops: I tried again, went and made a cup of tea, and Matrix just finished processing as I got back, about 5 mins later!

For the record, my logbook has 1.6k activities, with 696k GPS points. I'm running on an i5 CPU.
Steve
Using Garmin FR 230 for running, and Garmin Edge 820 (with cad, power and HR) for cycling
fishyweb
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gerhard » Tue May 31, 2011 3:59 pm

What took so long time was adding all activities to the context menu where the reference activity can be selected. Adding 1.6K activities does not make sense... I consider limiting the list, to something like 50 activities. If someone wants to use another activity, select it before selecting "the larger set" (all activities in this case).
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby fishyweb » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:09 am

I normally use the Unique Routes option for the comparison, but on this occasion I wanted to see the stats for rides on a number of different routes that take in the same hill, thus my using the All Activities option.
Steve
fishyweb
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gerhard » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:33 pm

An update available here:
http://matrix.codeplex.com/releases/view/67461

I would however recommend Trails plugin in this scenario. Normally faster, and graphs.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby fishyweb » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:50 pm

Thanks Gerhard. Have installed that update, and that is very very much faster. I will take a look at Trails as well, when I get a chance.

Thanks again.
Steve
fishyweb
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Matrix