by pkan

Downloads: 64,344 (30) • Reviews: 11

Version:

Updated:

Nov 29, 2017

Elevation correction plugin - version 1.7 released

Elevation correction plugin - version 1.7 released

Postby pkan » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:28 pm

I have released a new version of the elevation correction plugin, with fixes for some problems noted in previous threads in this forum:

- Missing elevations in GPS track data are now properly handled when saving original elevation data.
- Activities with invalid positions (e.g. latitude > 90 deg) in GPS track data are now ignored rather than triggering an error.

In addition, I've added an activity detail page for elevation correction, which makes it easy to compare elevations from different sources (original, various DEMs). This detail page is disabled by default, but can be enabled from the settings page.

I also added a route control pointer mode (cf. Explore/Edit/Measure) which allows the user to click on any point on the map and get the corresponding elevation.

There have also been some minor updates to the settings page.
pkan
Donated!
Donated!

Postby gerhard » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:40 pm

Nice updates, especially the route control pointer that makes it simple to how SRTM differs from real elevation (and graph for GPS elevation).

Is it correct that the graph has the activity elevation with smoothing and the sources without?

Low prio suggestion: Option to remove the Edit entry, there are enough options there already. It is not often Elevation correction is undone.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Re: Elevation correction plugin - version 1.7 released

Postby texmurphy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:49 pm

pkan wrote:...In addition, I've added an activity detail page for elevation correction, which makes it easy to compare elevations from different sources (original, various DEMs).

I also added a route control pointer mode (cf. Explore/Edit/Measure) which allows the user to click on any point on the map and get the corresponding elevation..

Elevation from any point in the map - Bravo! :D
(Click on the Explore arrow to find)

The Activity Detail Page is great. It becomes very clear when a gps device with an altimeter does not support recalibration. My Edge 500 in the below example starts calibrated from a known elevation point at 9:00am and 40F, by ride mid-point it is 60F and maybe 50ft off. I think this is a first step to be able to apply a post-ride re-calibration to the device's elevation track without replacing the entire track from the correction databases.

I have included the chart drop-down menu to show the chart line color codes. Maybe chart line colors should have a legend on the page.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:50 pm

gerhard wrote:Low prio suggestion: Option to remove the Edit entry, there are enough options there already. It is not often Elevation correction is undone.

I often test elevation correction against the device by doing an Apply and then a Remove.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby alanwestwood » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:50 am

pkan wrote:I have released a new version of the elevation correction plugin

Just to say thanks - I'm a big fan of this plugin, and grateful for the enhancements.

Regards, Alan.
alanwestwood
Donated!
Donated!

Postby pkan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:41 pm

gerhard wrote:Is it correct that the graph has the activity elevation with smoothing and the sources without?

Yes, "ST elevation" is elevation as in the standard ST graphs, including smoothing, while the others are raw data.

gerhard wrote:Low prio suggestion: Option to remove the Edit entry, there are enough options there already. It is not often Elevation correction is undone.

It might make sense to add a checkbox to the settings page for enabling/disabling edit actions. I'll keep it in mind.
pkan
Donated!
Donated!

Postby HENNES » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:37 am

texmurphy wrote:
pkan wrote:...In addition, I've added an activity detail page for elevation correction, which makes it easy to compare elevations from different sources (original, various DEMs).

I also added a route control pointer mode (cf. Explore/Edit/Measure) which allows the user to click on any point on the map and get the corresponding elevation..

THANKS !!! 8)
rgds hennes
- kickbiking with FR 305 and STs 3

runner´s map ... EURE Karte für Laufveranstaltungen - zum MITMACHEN!!!
http://www.runnersmap.info
...mehr als DREI TAUSEND Laufveranstaltungen!
HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Meven » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:08 am

Thanks a lot pkan :wink:
Meven
Contributor!
Contributor!

Re: How does the plugin handle bridges and rivers?

Postby HENNES » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:18 pm

Little problem (bug): When opening the "detailview" for the plugin, it defaults the X-axis to TIME, but I want it to DISTANCE. Changing that works fine, but is "wrong" again on next opening.

rgds hennes
- kickbiking with FR 305 and STs 3

runner´s map ... EURE Karte für Laufveranstaltungen - zum MITMACHEN!!!
http://www.runnersmap.info
...mehr als DREI TAUSEND Laufveranstaltungen!
HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Re: How does the plugin handle bridges and rivers?

Postby pkan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:05 am

HENNES wrote:Little problem (bug): When opening the "detailview" for the plugin, it defaults the X-axis to TIME, but I want it to DISTANCE. Changing that works fine, but is "wrong" again on next opening.

Yes, the time/distance setting should probably be saved. I won't bother making a new release just for this, but will include it in the next release.
pkan
Donated!
Donated!

Postby rieglerp » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:01 am

thx for this great plugin - i like it very much!!!

peter
wie komme ich zu einem Startplatz beim New York Marathon? diese und mehr Infos auf http://www.laufkunde.at
rieglerp
Donated!
Donated!

Postby nghpmc » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:20 pm

rieglerp wrote:thx for this great plugin - i like it very much!!!

peter

Oh yes very usefull ! Thanks 8)
nghpmc

Return to Elevation Correction