by pkan

Downloads: 64,344 (30) • Reviews: 11

Version:

Updated:

Nov 29, 2017

Installation kills ST3

Installation kills ST3

Postby chaseju0 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:24 am

I've just installed Elevation Correction Plugin. Now my ST 3.1.4348 keeps crashing with:
Problem starting application: System.ArgumentException: Culture name 'zh' is not supported.
Parameter name: name
at System.Globalization.CultureTableRecord..ctor(String cultureName, Boolean useUserOverriede)
etc
etc.

How can I uninstall the plugin? De-/Reinstallation of ST3 did not help.
chaseju0

Re: Installation kills ST3

Postby pkan » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:39 pm

I can't see how the Elevation Correction Plugin would be related to an error message like yours. Perhaps a more complete error message could provide some clues.

If you're unable to start ST you can remove plugins by deleting the corresponding folders manually from the ST plugin installation folder. The location may vary depending on your operating system, on my Windows 7 machine it is C:\ProgramData\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\3\Plugins\Installed. The folder containing the Elevation Correction Plugin is named 264fbd17-8a81-4cfa-b739-77c70bcefb53.
pkan
Donated!
Donated!

Postby racerfern » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:18 am

I have no idea what the problem is. However, 'zh' has something to do with a chinese translation. Normally a plugin will have various directories for the translations. For zh it's actually, zh-CHT or zh-cn or zh-tw. I don't use the elevation plugin but look at the directory structure of the plugins you have installed. One of them may have the wrong directory name.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:31 am

racerfern wrote:... However, 'zh' has something to do with a chinese translation. Normally a plugin will have various directories for the translations. For zh it's actually, zh-CHT or zh-cn or zh-tw...

I am using Elevation Correction. The ONLY zh-CH on my computer is associated with the SportTracks 2.0 Garmin GPS Plugin.
This on my computer is installed in C:\ProgramData\ZoneFiveSoftware\SportTracks\2.0\Plugins\Installed\64c67771-aec3-4434-9ef1-ad6cabc1479e
I still have ST2 installed on my computer although since unused in a long time I think I will remove it. There is no conflict with my ST3.1 install.

So I conclude that the OP has likely a renamed ST2.0 Garmin GPS plugin installed as a ST3.1 plugin.
Solution would be to remove the directory for the errant plugin.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby racerfern » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:02 am

I have zh-CHT, zh-cn and zh-tw for all of mechgt's plugins and garminfitness using v3.

Using v2 I have those translations in GarminFitness, trainingload, filteredstatistics and GarminGPS.

However, I don't have just "zh" in any directory. Maybe the "zh" is within the plugin dll and shouldn't be.

On a separate note, I still reference the Training Planner that MarioZ and I were developing. It has some cool charts, its method of planning out training periods works very well. It also had some bugs that would not go away. So I'm not sure that I'm ready to get rid of ST2 just yet. I would love to see FitPlan take another step toward becoming a complete planner.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:17 am

racerfern wrote:I have zh-CHT, zh-cn and zh-tw for all of mechgt's plugins and garminfitness using v3.

I did not look far enough, but I have those zh's also. :oops:
I suspect that there is one or more ST2 plugins installed as ST3.1 and my approach would be to uninstall plugins manually by deleting non-core ST3.1 plugin directories (maybe one-by-one until error resolves).
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby racerfern » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:43 am

So maybe the OP installed an ST2 plugin into ST3? We'll have to wait and see. I just installed the elevation correction plugin and had no issues.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby chaseju0 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:55 pm

Problem solved; Plugin removed:
I moved away the database and ST3 starts with the "file not found" error. Then I tried to open any of the backups: this brought the "zh" error. So I opened the settings without database an saw the elevation plugin still sitting there, although it was neither in the directory pkan mentioned, nor in the registry.
I uninstalled the plugin in ST3 and opened all database versions:
:D all training data is still there!
:? I will not be able to use Elevation Correction

Shall I have to move away from Zürich ;-) all cars here are labelled 'zh' on the license plate :?:

Thanks for your quick answers.
Har en trevlig kwäll! - Have a nice evening.
Jürg
chaseju0

Postby gerhard » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:35 pm

I believe the message occurs because "zh" is the last language supported in ST.
I cannot see that the EC plugin in itself is responsible for the problem, but have no explanation to why it occurs.

I have seen the message about "zh" not supported previously, but not understood why it occurred.
At that time, the plugin in question was a test version with identification issues and I am unsure if installation was done correctly. I was not able to recreate the problem.
The remedy was deleting the plugin files related to the plugin, then reinstalling the plugin.
So it would have been interesting to know exactly the directory that was deleted.
The installation path for plugins depends on the Windows version and language, so the path will vary. Some (gory) details in the FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4290
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby chaseju0 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:02 pm

Hey Gerhard,
Jag todde at det er en tysk namn...
Now I opened a new database and installed EC. Starting ST gives the error again. Find attached the full error message.
Then I remove the database and ST starts. In the settings of EC I click on "Download elevation data for all activities" and this brings the same crash again with the identical error message.
After removal of EC, via the settings, plugin deinstallation, ST works fine again.

If you need more to debug, please post.
Regards
Jürg
Attachments
zh-error.gif
zh-error.gif (23.98 KiB) Viewed 10606 times
chaseju0

Postby gerhard » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:49 pm

chaseju0 wrote:If you need more to debug, please post.

Thanks for the info. I still cannot recreate in my plugin (or with EC).
The traceback is similar: Same traceback repeated twice.
ZoneFiveSoftware may have an explanation (at least they can debug the first calls and may have an explanation for the repeat).

...and for the record: Ich cann ein bisschen Deutsch lesen aber nur einfach wörte schreiben.
gerhard
Contributor!
Contributor!

Return to Elevation Correction