Version:

Updated:

Nov 29, 2017

BackgroundWorker doesn't support cancellation

BackgroundWorker doesn't support cancellation

Postby texmurphy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Found this in system log:
Code: Select all
2/15/2011 3:24 PM [DataImporterManager]   ERROR   An exception occurred in call to plugin IExtendDataImporters.BeforeImport().
This BackgroundWorker states that it doesn't support cancellation. Modify WorkerSupportsCancellation to state that it does support cancellation.
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.CancelAsync()
   at ElevationCorrectionPlugin.Download.DownloadHandler.PreDownloadDemBlocks(IEnumerable`1 logbookEntries)
   at ElevationCorrectionPlugin.Import.ExtendImport.BeforeImport(IList items)
   at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.Plugin.DataImporterManager.InvokeBeforeImport(IList items)

Elevation Correction Plugin is version 1.7.0
I do not recall what I was doing, other than testing a Course Score Plugin beta by using Elevation Correction to adjust to the same metric various rides over the same course.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Re: BackgroundWorker doesn't support cancellation

Postby texmurphy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:48 pm

I got this error again today:
3/2/2011 3:08 PM [DataImporterManager] ERROR An exception occurred in call to plugin IExtendDataImporters.BeforeImport().
This BackgroundWorker states that it doesn't support cancellation. Modify WorkerSupportsCancellation to state that it does support cancellation.
at ElevationCorrectionPlugin.Download.DownloadHandler.PreDownloadDemBlocks(IEnumerable`1 logbookEntries)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.Plugin.DataImporterManager.InvokeBeforeImport(IList items)
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby admin » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:20 pm

What was the result? Crash?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby texmurphy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:03 pm

No, it is a stealth error reported in System Log.
There was no crash nor visible effect.
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby texmurphy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:14 pm

Any update to this error?
It is currently the only error being reported in my System.Log.
I think this happens when I do a fitlog import. It does not happen during regular import of .tcx or Edge 500 .fit data.
System.Log wrote:7/4/2011 2:27 PM [DataImporterManager] ERROR An exception occurred in call to plugin IExtendDataImporters.BeforeImport().
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby pkan » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:48 pm

This is a bug that was introduced in version 1.7. It occurs if you either do an import (device or file shouldn't matter) or open a new logbook before the plugin has finished its (background) check for SRTM tiles that need to be downloaded in order to cover all activities. In the import case, core ST handles the exception so that the only trace will be an entry in the System Log. In the logbook change case, you will get an error message dialog box.

I have fixed the bug in my code but won't bother making a new release just because of this.
pkan
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Elevation Correction