by dmcaf

Downloads: 2,780 (11) • Reviews: 2

Version:

Updated:

Aug 11, 2013

Waaaahh! It's Broken!

Waaaahh! It's Broken!

Postby oeagleo » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:55 pm

Today, I received a new iBike Newton, and did a calibration ride, and another short ride to import into ST3 to check out and make sure everything was "kosher". Everything looked great, and it even imported the iBike ride file with data, that produced neat graphs.. So, I went to "Course Score", to check that out, which worked fine with my iBike Aero, (and the last iteration of Isaac), but now, when I hit the Course Score, view, I get the following error: Any suggestions? Is this a Course score issue, or is it ST3?

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CourseScore.UI.DetailPage.HillsDetailControl.DrawSeriesGraph(INumericTimeDataSeries series, Boolean distanceBase, ActivityInfo ai, IAxis axis, Int32 totalRecs, Color lineColor, Boolean fill)
at CourseScore.UI.DetailPage.HillsDetailControl.DrawChartSelectedRecordsByActivity(IEnumerable`1 inActivities, Boolean autozoom)
at CourseScore.UI.DetailPage.HillsDetailControl.BuildAndDrawHills(IActivity act, List`1 hills, Boolean autozoom)
at CourseScore.UI.DetailPage.HillsDetailControl.RefreshPage(Boolean autozoom)
at CourseScore.UI.DetailPage.HillsDetailControl.set_Activities(IEnumerable`1 value)
at CourseScore.UI.DetailPage.HillsDetail.SetActivities(IEnumerable`1 activities)
at CourseScore.UI.DetailPage.HillsDetail.SelectionProvider_SelectedItemsChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at CourseScore.UI.DetailPage.HillsDetail.ShowPage(String bookmark)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.UI.Controls.PageSelectorBanner.ShowCurrentPage()
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.UI.Controls.PageSelectorBanner.ShowPage(IDialogPage page)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.UI.Controls.PageSelectorBanner.Menu_Select(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SportTracks
Assembly Version: 3.1.4871.20302
Win32 Version: 3.1.4871.20302
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Zone%20Five%20Software/SportTracks%203/SportTracks.exe
----------------------------------------
Common.Visuals
Assembly Version: 3.1.4871.20166
Win32 Version: 3.1.4871.20166
Attachments
CourseScore_Hiccup.fitlog
Fitlog that cause the problem with CourseScore plugin
(56.76 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
oeagleo

Re: Waaaahh! It's Broken!

Postby texmurphy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:20 pm

I was able to load without problems the hiccup.fitlog into my logbook. See below.
In other forum posts about the CS plugin, there have been occasional complaints about "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" faults.
I have had this in the distant past myself. Usually the problem will resolve with a ST close and restart.
I assume you have merged a gps track with the newton. Was this done using ST or using Isaac? Was the source of the gps trackpoints a Garmin?
Also what happens if you have Isaac export a tcx to ST to load. (I know there are pause problems which ever way you load). In general I just load the .fit from my Edge 500 with the Newton data captured by the 500. This results in the best pause data in ST. I then use Isaac for specific ride analysis.

Re: plugin Author dmcaf - I am not sure of his current engagement, he is a riding partner of mechgt. I will forward a note to both of them.
Attachments
CS Plugin.jpg
Test of fitlog from newton
CS Plugin.jpg (188.7 KiB) Viewed 8582 times
texmurphy
Donated!
Donated!

Postby oeagleo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:44 am

@TexMurphy, your reply got me to thinking.. I had the iAero, and replaced it with the Newton. The iAero was paired with a Garmin 910XT, and they both talked to each other nicely, and all I had to do was import the .FIT file into ST, and all went well, except the power analysis in the OMB Plugin, "Training Analysis". So, to get that "working", I "un-paired" the iAero with the 910XT, and imported the .XML file exported from Isaac into ST, and everything appeared to work as it should. Then, I upgraded the 910XT to a Suunto Ambit 2, (yeah, I'm a geek), and took a test ride, which produced the .Fitlog file I uploaded. I used the same procedure as before, as when I first attempted to upload the Ambit2 file paired with the power meter, it did not play nicely at all. I believe the "Ambit Plug In" author has updated that plugin to correctly interpret the power data from the iBike, so I probably should try a couple of other things, most logically, pair up the Newton with the Ambit2, and see if they talk to each other, then import only the Ambit data (with the Newton data from a ride) into ST, and see what happens then.

I do thank you for starting the oil to burn in my brain, and actually thinking this thing through. UPdates as they occur.. *sigh*

I know, I committed the "Cardinal Sin" of technology, I changed more than one thing at a time, now I'm tasked with a project not unlike balancing BB's"!
oeagleo

Postby mechgt » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:45 pm

I loaded the export and could not reproduce the error. If you can reproduce the error, post the details here so that I can pinpoint the issue. That'll go a long way toward getting the issue resolved.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby oeagleo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Try this one, this was yesterday's ride, with native Suunto Ambit2 data, then imported the iBike file. I exported it to a .Fitlog, and tried to re-import it into ST, and get the following error:

Root document element is not correct.

at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.Data.Logbook.ReadXml(XmlDocument xmlDoc, XmlNamespaceManager nsmgr, XmlElement node)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.SportTracks.IO.LogbookIO.Open(String filename, IJobMonitor monitor, JobResults& results)

I'm not sure, but that looks like a ST error, rather than a Course Score problem, but if you can import this fitlog without errors, then there's something amiss with MY configuration that's causing the issue.. Fitlog for 7/7/13 ride attached.
Attachments
7-7-13 Ride.zip
Ride file from 7/7/13, still showing errors.
(65.05 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
oeagleo

Postby oeagleo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Interim information:
I wondered if the OMB plugin "GPS2Power Track" plugin was causing the problem, so I disabled it, and tried again. Still errors out. Same error as initially.
Removed the activity, re-imported it using the built in ST3 import for Movescount, no GPS data, but Course Score loads. No information though, apparently due to no GPS data being imported.
Deleted activity, re-imported using the Ambit plugin, (now we have GPS data), and Course Score fails. I disabled all of the Garmin import plugin stuff I had for the 910XT, and restarted ST, deleted the import file, then re-imported it using the Ambit import file. Course score still fails, and I've not even imported the power data from the Newton.
It's starting to look like it's the GPS data that's causing the error, rather than the Newton data. I have no power data in ST3, and course score fails when the GPS data is loaded. Any further help I can provide (perhaps the .xml file straight as imported from the Ambit? I'm zipping that, and including that here.
Attachments
log-F283095102001300-2013-07-07T12_24_43-0.zip
Actual .XML file from ride using GPS data.
(120.8 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
oeagleo

Postby mechgt » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:53 pm

Perfect, problem replicated with the file imported through Suunto Ambit plugin. PM coming your way.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby oeagleo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:50 pm

mechgt wrote:Perfect, problem replicated with the file imported through Suunto Ambit plugin. PM coming your way.

Yes, the update fixed the problem, all is right with my world now! Thanks ever so much!
Steve
oeagleo

Return to Course Score