by old_man_biking

Downloads: 883 (4) • Reviews: 1

Version:

Updated:

May 2, 2016

Copy Data Plugin together with Calculated Fields Plugin

Copy Data Plugin together with Calculated Fields Plugin

Postby tndmbkr » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:11 pm

Problem: When I copy data from one logbook to another, the Calculated Fields (by Camel) in my Custom Data Fields (CDF) are doubled/ tripled.
Which will result in an error message by Calculated Fields

In ST3, the CDF are stored in the logbook. Not in the configuration file of ST3.
Calculated Fields are presented as a CDF, but are stored in the configuration file of ST3.

In logbook1 I have CDF about all kinds of data, and some Calculated Fields
When I copy an activity from logbook1 to logbook2 (same computer, same installation, same configuration), I will have two sets of the same Calculated Fields in logbook2.
After which I have to define, and recalculate all Calculated Fields of all activities in logbook2 once again.
I do not have this problem with the other CDF.

Do I have to address this problem to OMB or Camel ?
tndmbkr

Re: Copy Data Plugin together with Calculated Fields Plugin

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:27 am

tndmbkr wrote:Problem: When I copy data from one logbook to another, the Calculated Fields (by Camel) in my Custom Data Fields (CDF) are doubled/ tripled.
Which will result in an error message by Calculated Fields

In ST3, the CDF are stored in the logbook. Not in the configuration file of ST3.
Calculated Fields are presented as a CDF, but are stored in the configuration file of ST3.

In logbook1 I have CDF about all kinds of data, and some Calculated Fields
When I copy an activity from logbook1 to logbook2 (same computer, same installation, same configuration), I will have two sets of the same Calculated Fields in logbook2.
After which I have to define, and recalculate all Calculated Fields of all activities in logbook2 once again.
I do not have this problem with the other CDF.

Do I have to address this problem to OMB or Camel ?

I don't exactly know how Calculated Fields plugin works, so all I can offer is a description how Copy Data Plugin works, when pasting custom data field definitions:
Custom Data Field Definitions (which you can find in Logbook:Properties: Custom Data Fields) are internally identified by ids (not the names that you see at the user interface).
This ensures that a particular cdf can always be identified by (possibly multiple) plugins, even when a user decides to rename it, e.g. to a name in his language.
When Copy Data Plugin pastes data into another logbook that contain custom data field data, it first checks if the logbook already contains a custom data field definition with the id of the pasted cdf data. If there is one, it uses this cdf definition. If not, it creates a new one.
So I strongly assume that calculated fields plugin creates custom data fields with DIFFERENT ids in multiple logbooks (which means, it lets the SportTracks core make up an id, which then is different for different logbooks). If that's the case, the solution would be simple: calculated fields plugin should create a unique id for every of its calculated cdfs and create cdfs in different logbooks using this id.
Cheers,
OMB

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Copy Data