Version:

Updated:

Apr 11, 2011

Calculated Fields plugin: Gathering features requests

Postby camel » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Xiaoan wrote:Hi,
first of all, great plugin!

I tried a few things and noticed the following:

I created 2 custom fields for displaying the fastest 3k and 5k in a run.
{MINPEAKDISTANCE(Elapsed,5000)} for example.
If there is a pause in the run, it doesn't count it as consecutive 5ks, so I have a few runs of over 5k that show me 0:00 minutes. Is there another way to calculate this that ignores the pauses? (I just stopped at a traffic light and pressed pause on my Garmin)

Greetings,

Andre

Yes peaks with pauses are ignored, because there will be a problem of calculating averages of HR, power etc.

And it's real cheating when calculating your fastest time or distance.
For example in interval training with watch pauses you will be much more faster than in reality.

I can probably disable it for calculating of distances and elapsed time.
But note that it be calculated in this way:

Running 3km for 12 minutes
Pause 5minutes
Running 2km for 8 minutes

So my fastest 5km will be 12+5+8 = 25
(not it will just not find fastest 5km because peak cointains pause)

Is it ok, or this is too wrong for you.
And is someone another having problems with ignoring peaks that contains pauses?

Probably this is thing for more complex discussion. I will change it for you and other 10 users will complain about it...

So I'm waiting for other opinions.

Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby HENNES » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:17 pm

camel wrote:Probably this is thing for more complex discussion.

No, this is no discussion at all. 5k races are 5k races and not anything with pausing, resting, sleeping or whatever.

Training for 5k races with 1k intervals is probably 5-15sec/km faster. Then we could use those 1km chunks to glue any nice performance together.

Maybe we can add some 10k races over a few days even to a Marathon PB :lol:

Xiaoan, the plugin didnt report a 5k best time, as it was no 5k time! Simple!
rgds hennes
- kickbiking with FR 305 and STs 3

runner´s map ... EURE Karte für Laufveranstaltungen - zum MITMACHEN!!!
http://www.runnersmap.info
...mehr als DREI TAUSEND Laufveranstaltungen!
HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Postby camel » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:19 pm

HENNES wrote:
camel wrote:Probably this is thing for more complex discussion.

No, this is no discussion at all. 5k races are 5k races and not anything with pausing, resting, sleeping or whatever.

Training for 5k races with 1k intervals is probably 5-15sec/km faster. Then we could use those 1km chunks to glue any nice performance together.

Maybe we can add some 10k races over a few days even to a Marathon PB :lol:

Xiaoan, the plugin didnt report a 5k best time, as it was no 5k time! Simple!

Just to want warn you what is potential problem or no who knows.

Now it's enough to have 1 seconds pause withing 5kilometers and it will be not calculated at all as fastest 5km.

It will be not 1 second slower 5kilometers it will be nothing.
So this is perhaps topic for discussion.
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby HENNES » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:28 pm

camel wrote:Now it's enough to have 1 seconds pause withing 5kilometers and it will be not calculated at all as fastest 5km.

Ok, thats a different thing!

As we just learn in another thread,

>>> http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTr ... highlight=

due to (sofar) unknown Problems, sometimes tracks show 1 sec pause, where there is no pause.

But ofcourse thats very different to having a rest in the beer garden to fuel up your tanks :evil:
rgds hennes

HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Postby camel » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:31 pm

HENNES wrote:
camel wrote:Now it's enough to have 1 seconds pause withing 5kilometers and it will be not calculated at all as fastest 5km.

>>> http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTr ... highlight=

due to (sofar) unknown Problems, sometimes tracks show 1 sec pause, where there is no pause.

But ofcourse thats very different to having a rest in the beer garden to fuel up your tanks :evil:

But problem with this is:

If I have 5kilometers with 1minutes pause.

Ok it's not a problem to find these fastest 5km with 1minute pause.

But hm we have a feature to get average hr for our fastest 5km.
BUT:
There is a minute gap in HR data, so what will be returned as average HR?!

That's a question. And that's my reason to not doing calculation on peaks with pause.
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:11 am

I had a crash in CF so I downloaded the code and fixed it.

In Evaluator.cs, line 162 should be replaced by :

Code: Select all
                                            object eval = Evaluate(calculatedFieldsRow.Condition, activity, "", calculatedFieldsRow);

if (eval != null && eval.ToString() == "True")

This prevents a crash if the result is no activity (null).

I now have my 2x20 decoupling factors working alright!
Developer of the Garmin Fitness, Filtered Statistics and Distribution plugins
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby camel » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:55 am

PissedOffCil wrote:I had a crash in CF so I downloaded the code and fixed it.

In Evaluator.cs, line 162 should be replaced by :

Code: Select all
                                            object eval = Evaluate(calculatedFieldsRow.Condition, activity, "", calculatedFieldsRow);

if (eval != null && eval.ToString() == "True")

This prevents a crash if the result is no activity (null).

I now have my 2x20 decoupling factors working alright!

Thanks very much,
it will be fixed in next maintenance build.

With some other fixes mainly with crazy problematic characters in notes.
Probably today or tomorrow.

Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:26 am

Also, I should have mentionned that a user without the proper version of Trails will have some problems with yourp lugin making it unusable. Contact me by PM if interested in details.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby camel » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:00 pm

PissedOffCil wrote:Also, I should have mentionned that a user without the proper version of Trails will have some problems with yourp lugin making it unusable. Contact me by PM if interested in details.

Just an information for standard users. It may be not a problem with old Trails plugin. And please if someone will have some problem, get me know.

But we have explained this thing with POC

Nice day
Peter
Last edited by camel on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby camel » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi,
just to make some users thrilled.

I want to inform you that in next build of plugin I will add new feature for virtual custom fields calculations.

So if you ever needed some dummy custom field to use it for your calculation. This feature will be exactly for this.

You will just calculate value into virtual field. That you can use later very simply in your standard formulas.
For beginners it will be not very needed. But it will be a powerfull tool to play for creating very advanced formulas.

Peter
Last edited by camel on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby HENNES » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:29 pm

camel wrote:Developer of
<a href="http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks/plugins/plugin_detail.php?id=207">Calculated Fields</a> plugin

Now, you first need to sort out a proper signature aka MCHGT or POC - before we all get divorced :evil:
rgds hennes

HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Postby camel » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:32 pm

HENNES wrote:
<a href="http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks/plugins/plugin_detail.php?id=207">Calculated Fields</a> plugin

Now, you first need to sort out a proper signature aka MCHGT or POC - before we all get divorced :evil:

All bad signatures are deleted ;)
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby HENNES » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:39 pm

camel wrote:
HENNES wrote:

All bad signatures are deleted ;)

c´mon you can do better - even I have a klickable one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rgds hennes

HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Integrazion with "Backup" plugin by OMB

Postby rikicarra » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm

Peter,
your plugin is fantastic, I like it a lot.

One thing I would suggest you to consider is the integration with the Backup plugin by OMB. I have two installations of ST3, one at home and one on my house on the mountains. I do activities in both places, so it's very convenient for me to backup everything at home before moving from home to the mountain house, there I restore and have (almost) everything. Before moving from the house on the mountain to home I do the same.

I tried today for the first time and I found out that all the setting of your plugin were not part of the backup, no expressions after restore.

Maybe there is a way to setup the Backup plugin to cover also the setting of your plugin?

Thank you for the great work!
rikicarra

Re: Integrazion with "Backup" plugin by OMB

Postby camel » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:51 pm

rikicarra wrote:Peter,

One thing I would suggest you to consider is the integration with the Backup plugin by OMB. I have two installations of ST3, one at home and one on my house on the mountains. I do activities in both places, so it's very convenient for me to backup everything at home before moving from home to the mountain house, there I restore and have (almost) everything. Before moving from the house on the mountain to home I do the same.

I tried today for the first time and I found out that all the setting of your plugin were not part of the backup, no expressions after restore.

Maybe there is a way to setup the Backup plugin to cover also the setting of your plugin?

I don't know how Backplugin could be set.

But settings of plugin are saved here (on windows 7 for example for me):
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\CalculatedFieldsPlugin\preferences.xml

Simply in appdata folder of windows. So you can simply copy this file into same directory on another computer.

Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby rikicarra » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:40 am

camel wrote:

Simply in appdata folder of windows. So you can simply copy this file into same directory on another computer.

Peter

Peter, I have contacted Backup Plugin designers, they suggest to store plugin settings in the common SportTracks file: System.Preferences.xml
I have checked my System.Preferences.xml, it contains the settings for almost all my plugins.
See also this post http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTr ... 2924#52924

Thank you
rikicarra

Postby camel » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:09 am

rikicarra wrote:
camel wrote:

Peter

Peter, I have contacted Backup Plugin designers, they suggest to store plugin settings in the common SportTracks file: System.Preferences.xml
I have checked my System.Preferences.xml, it contains the settings for almost all my plugins.

Thank you

Hi,
yes I'm aware of this design decision. But to be honest. I don't want to do it right now. Format of settings file is still changing. Who knows probably it will come some time, when I will need to do some major change, when it will be nice to have that file outside of preferences file of ST.

Or users will need to throw it out, and some explicit conversion will be needed.

So for now it's more flexible and less dangerous to have it in own file.
Of course when plugin will be stabilized more, I have this change in my mind.

That's my reason.

Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PissedOffCil » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:03 am

Honestly, in this case I beleive it should be saved in the logbook.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

Postby camel » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:36 pm

PissedOffCil wrote:Honestly, in this case I beleive it should be saved in the logbook.

And of course one very good reason is that I'm working man, so some requests that are not so exciting and a little dangerous could be done in future, when all will work as it may...

I can't spend all my free time with plugin.
I still think that it's developed relative fast. Probably this is mistake ;)

Nice day
Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby rikicarra » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:21 pm

camel wrote:
rikicarra wrote:
camel wrote:

Peter

Thank you

Hi,
yes I'm aware of this design decision. But to be honest. I don't want to do it right now. Format of settings file is still changing. Who knows probably it will come some time, when I will need to do some major change, when it will be nice to have that file outside of preferences file of ST.

Or users will need to throw it out, and some explicit conversion will be needed.

So for now it's more flexible and less dangerous to have it in own file.
Of course when plugin will be stabilized more, I have this change in my mind.

That's my reason.

Peter

Peter,
I fully support your rationale, while the plugin is in development it's OK, please consider that feature when the plugin will be released as ver. 1.

Thank you
rikicarra

Postby gringojack » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:38 am

Hope I am at the right place to publish this post!

Data values in custom data fields are not the same as those on training analysis page. If I want them to be identhical I have to enter them manually. These 3 fields (norm.pwr, TSS, TRIMP) show by default on custom data field page (no need to stick them in calculated data settings).
I like to have these values on my custom personal data field page, which allows me to compare at a glance with other rides without having to go back to training analysis page. Is there a way to make this possible? :?:

thanks
Salut les Copains!
GPS GARMIN Edge 1030
Mountain biking on:
GIANT Trance 27.5 2/V.A.E Hybrid electric
CycleOps PowerTap
My toy #1: SportTrack3!
gringojack
Donated!
Donated!

Re:

Postby camel » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:00 am

gringojack wrote:Hope I am at the right place to publish this post!

Data values in custom data fields are not the same as those on training analysis page. If I want them to be identhical I have to enter them manually. These 3 fields (norm.pwr, TSS, TRIMP) show by default on custom data field page (no need to stick them in calculated data settings).
I like to have these values on my custom personal data field page, which allows me to compare at a glance with other rides without having to go back to training analysis page. Is there a way to make this possible? :?:

thanks

These 3 fields are calculated by OMB Training analysis plugin. Probably with some integration this could be done. (I'm not 100% sure, but I think that OMB supports this in some way).

But to be honest this is not very high on my priority list. Probably if there will be bigger count of users that want to use values from training analysis in calculations etc. Than it will be higher priority.

Nice day
Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Re:

Postby axeman » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:40 am

camel wrote:
HENNES wrote:

>>> viewtopic.php?t=9356&highlight=
Due to (sofar) unknown Problems, sometimes tracks show 1 sec pause, where there is no pause.

But problem with this is:

If I have 5kilometers with 1minutes pause.

Ok it's not a problem to find these fastest 5km with 1minute pause.

But hm we have a feature to get average hr for our fastest 5km.
BUT:
There is a minute gap in HR data, so what will be returned as average HR?!

That's a question. And that's my reason to not doing calculation on peaks with pause.

Thanks for your great plugin!
Considering the gaps, I would like to have averages over peaks over the whole run, even if there are pauses. It would be similar to the behaviour of ST itself, where the averages are calculated over the whole distance, even if there's a gap. It should be calculated somehow like sum of HR during runtime divided by run time (without pause time), e.g.

5min HR150 - 3min Pause - 10min HR160 -> HRaverage = (5min * 150 + 10min * 160) / 15min = 156,7

Would there currently another way available to get the best half marathon within a long run even if I have a short pause for drinking in the middle?

Thank you for an answer,
regards, axeman
axeman

Re: Calculated Fields plugin: Gathering features requests

Postby dave a walker » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:02 am

I would like to be able to calculate fields in splits as well. This calculation could be done when opening up the split window.
dave a walker

Re: Calculated Fields plugin: Gathering features requests

Postby PissedOffCil » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:55 am

dave a walker wrote:I would like to be able to calculate fields in splits as well. This calculation could be done when opening up the split window.

It is already possible by either marking your splits (add a note) and using that note to generate a CF or if you know the lap id of interest.
Unfortunately, plugin developers cannot hook in ST panels (like the splits) to add functionality.
PissedOffCil
Donated!
Donated!

PreviousNext

Return to Calculated Fields