Downloads: 23,629 (9) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Apr 11, 2011

Calulate difference from x days ago

Calulate difference from x days ago

Postby E S » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:39 am

Hello,

I'm trying to calculate change of CTL from 7 days ago and 30 days. How do I get a value for x days ago?
For example, if I made the formula {CTL(TODAY)} - {CTL(7.DAYS.AGO)} what would I substitute for TODAY and 7.DAYS.AGO?

Thanks.
E S

Re: Calulate difference from x days ago

Postby tndmbkr » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:23 pm

CTL is from Training Load plugin??

I do not know whether CTL isa valid expression
To my best knowledge, CalcFlds only let you calculate expressions from one activity at a time.
CTL is the sum of several activities in the past

You may also want to read viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10670&p=90144#p90144
tndmbkr

Postby E S » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:45 pm

CTS is from a plugin called Fellrnr Analytics. {CTL(SUM,7)} is a valid expression and I am able to view it under charts and activity reports. I'm just looking for the command that takes the value from 1 particular day in the past instead of all the days between today and the day in the past.
E S

Postby dirk66 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:05 am

To my knowledge what you want isn't possible in that way. The custom fields are stored with either athlete or ativities.
But something like this should give a value: (currently i don't have a pc with ST in front of me)
{somefield(Sum,7)} sums the value of somefield in the last 7 days, counting from the day of the activity on which the formula is executed. I'm not sure wether it is zero based or 1 based So today will be 1 or 0. My guess is 1. And the value for today - 1 is the difference of (Sum,2) - (Sum,1) So counting to 7 makes it (Sum,8) - (Sum,7)

The formula will be something like: {somefield(Sum,1)} - ({somefield(Sum,8)} - {somefield(Sum,7)})

However some thoughts.
  • CTL isn't a linear function.
  • The way your graph works depends on the way the summarize option of the specific customfield is set, check this
  • Both the training load plugin and the fellrnr plugin provide graphs to show your freshness or training status, so why graphing this if there are allready graphs
dirk66
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Calculated Fields