Calculated Fields

by camel

Downloads: 23,628 (9) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Apr 11, 2011

Possible to create a field that more than one value per act?

Possible to create a field that more than one value per act?

Postby CptanPAnic » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:50 pm

I am new to ST, but I am playing around with CalculatedFields plugin. What I cannot determine is if I can make a custom field that I can chart within an activity? For example if I wanted to graph current HR/pace for entire activity, not just average of whole thing?

Thanks,
CP
CptanPAnic

Re: Possible to create a field that more than one value per

Postby camel » Fri May 23, 2014 3:02 am

This is not supported thing now in plugin.

But a nice feature for an upgrade for plugin. Probably to have an ability of building custom data tracks with calculatedfields plugin.
This was my long lasting desire :)
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby PeterV » Tue May 27, 2014 4:05 am

I also would love to be able to calculate custom index values for every kilometer instead of the whole track at once. I was looking for a plugin which can do this, but I didn't found it yet. Unfortunatley my knowledge of programming isn't sufficient to write my own plugin. I hope you will add this option.

Greetings,

Peter.
PeterV

Postby camel » Tue May 27, 2014 5:44 am

It depends on what you want to calculate. For example I can easily calculate something for first kilometer of my activity like this, with DataTrack feature:
{DATATRACK}.Where(o => o.Distance >= 0 && o.Distance < 1000).Average(o => o.HR)

But you need some knowledge of programming for doing harder things with this. And it's not very documented feature. (still you can found some description in formulas pool thread if you want)
But still there is a problem to create a generic calculated field for every kilometer etc. (You can only create new custom field for every kilometer, there is no generic way to show something xtimes in sporttracks).

Again this would be possible with use od custom data tracks perhaps.

But there is only small chance that I will add it in actual state. Probably only if there would be an continuation of this plugin as commercial plugin.
But that's another story and probably not wanted by users.

Nice day
Camel
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Calculated Fields