by camel

Downloads: 23,627 (9) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Apr 11, 2011

What are the formula?

What are the formula?

Postby mburdesh » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:15 pm

I have 2 questions, First what are the formulas used for DECOUPLINGRATIO and DECOUPLINGRATIOACTIVE? Also, I want to create a custom field to compute the total amount of time spent in a particular heart rate zone. I've been using {RANGEELAPSED(HR,129,140)} but since my HR zones are different for running and cycling this is not accurate.

Actually there are all kind of formulas in there that I'm curious about. Like {RECOVERYHR(60)}. Is there something that defines all of the stuff found in the right click menu?

UPDATE: I just saw in a different post that the source cxode for this plugin is open source so I'll go read the source code.
mburdesh

Re: What are the formula?

Postby CptanPAnic » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:42 pm

Did you find what the formula is for DECOUPLINGRATIO is? I would like to know also.
CptanPAnic

Re: What are the formula?

Postby camel » Fri May 23, 2014 2:59 am

All of this is mentioned in formulas pool. Just an easy search will get a result..

For example my decoupling ratio post:
Ok here formula for Decoupling ratio (you can pick it in drop drown menu under Formulas too):
{DECOUPLINGRATIO}

If you want to see result in percent (multiply it by 100):
{DECOUPLINGRATIO}*100

Here is how it's calculated:
firstHalfSpeedHRRatio = (halfDistance / firstHalfDistanceElapsed) / firstHalfDistanceHR
secondsHalfSpeedHRRatio = (halfDistance / secondHalfDistanceElapsed) / secondHalfDistanceHR

DECOUPLINGRATIO = ((firstHalfSpeedHRRatio - secondsHalfSpeedHRRatio) / firstHalfSpeedHRRatio)

And of course same applies for RecoveryHR....
This formula:
{RECOVERYHR(60)}
Will find automatically place of 60 seconds in activity, where your heart rate has dropped at most. And it will return heart rate difference within this range of 60 seconds. For example for this activity it will return 31.41 as a Recovery HR.
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Calculated Fields