Version:

Updated:

Apr 11, 2011

Average distance per activity

Average distance per activity

Postby Mads_o » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:25 am

Hi,

Thanks for the plugin, I like it!

I'm running into a problem, though. I want to display some averages per activity - say distance, TRIMP, calories and so on. This way I can see how the length of my long runs change over time or...

It should be a pretty simple formula:

{DISTANCE}/{ACTIVITY}

Only there's no field that counts the number of activities that I can find.

I tried just doing {DISTANCE}, set for "Average", but this number comes out way off, and I'm not sure what it's averaging?

I'm sure it's simple enough, but I don't see it?

Thanks for any help.
“It’s Not the Will to Win, But the Will to Prepare to Win That Makes the Difference”
Paul "Bear" Bryant
Mads_o

Re: Average distance per activity

Postby dirk66 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:18 am

hi,

The plugin acts on activities, so yes there aren't fields or functions on logbook level. Also i recommend not doing an avg on all your activities. It will take a long time if you have a lot of activities.
{DISTANCE(Avg,7)}/1000.0 calculates the average distance over the last 7 days regarding the activity. (in km)
Besides this kind of calculations, you also can set the way how sporttracks summarizes custom datafields. And avarage is one of the options. If you display the field in the daily activity screen you "get an avarage by week and by month for free."
dirk66
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Mads_o » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:44 am

The problem is that if you for some reason run two long runs in the same week it totally skews the result.

Anyways, I'll just use the activity view in activity reports, use filters and look at the graphs. It's not great but it gives me an impression.
“It’s Not the Will to Win, But the Will to Prepare to Win That Makes the Difference”
Paul "Bear" Bryant
Mads_o

Postby dirk66 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:21 pm

Not sure where you're after but with the condition field you can calculate only for specific categories ie long run: {CATEGORY}.Equals("long run")
dirk66
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Calculated Fields