by camel

Downloads: 23,628 (9) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Apr 11, 2011

Summery Hearbeats for a workout

Summery Hearbeats for a workout

Postby rezlops » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:40 am

I want to calculate the summery of heartbeats for 1 workout like its shown in the Polar Software.

But the formula {AVGHR}*{TIME} which I get recommended, didn't worked out well.

Anyone who can help me with some ideas?

Beside this, I tried out to find out the Recovery Heart Rate for only the last 2 minutes.
But the formula {RECOVERYHR(120)} also didn't gave me the right values.
Because when my Forerunner says 22bpm, Calclulated Field will tell 16bpm's.
Garmin Forerunner 910XT
rezlops

Re: Summery Hearbeats for a workout

Postby dirk66 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:14 pm

rezlops wrote:I want to calculate the summery of heartbeats for 1 workout like its shown in the Polar Software.

But the formula {AVGHR}*{TIME} which I get recommended, didn't worked out well.

Anyone who can help me with some ideas?

Beside this, I tried out to find out the Recovery Heart Rate for only the last 2 minutes.
But the formula {RECOVERYHR(120)} also didn't gave me the right values.
Because when my Forerunner says 22bpm, Calclulated Field will tell 16bpm's.

Hi,
I don't have a polar but, HR is beats per minute {TIME} is in seconds. If you want to have the total number of beats you have to multiply the HR with minutes not with seconds.

RecoveryHR gives you the number of bpm's in the period you give in the activity where your HR is most dropped during a period you give. Not by default your last minute of running.

Hope this helps.
Succes
Dirk
dirk66
Donated!
Donated!

Postby rezlops » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:51 pm

thx a lot...

The formula {AVGHR}*(60) helped me... :)

But the values are totally different to the Polar Performance Software. Because Polar says 5503 beats and Calculated Fields says 9463 beats in summary.
I think that is because only the Average HR is calculated and the Polar Software only count the beats in the whole workout.
I really liked that feature of showing all heartbeats, but I think I will never get it working in Sport Tracks. :(

Really like the FR 610 but its precalculated data makes me really, really sick. Garmin Connect itself is ridiculous. The few values are not worth using it.

How can I define in Calculated Fields that I only want to use the drop in the last 2 minutes for Recovery Heart Rate ?
Garmin Forerunner 910XT
rezlops

Postby dirk66 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:33 pm

i'm not a expert on this plugin but to me the formula has to be something like {avghr} *({time}/60) in this formula you have (beats/min) * (seconds/60, which = min.) which leaves beats. To get your desired recoveryhr, split your activity in the last 2 minutes and the rest. Use recoveryhr on the splited activity, the one of the last 2 minutes.
dirk66
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Calculated Fields