by camel

Downloads: 23,628 (9) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Apr 11, 2011

Calculating Training Levels

Calculating Training Levels

Postby racerfern » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:51 pm

I want to develop a formula for calculating TSB/CTL/ATL. The purpose will be to come up with a ramp rate for future training with a system I can try to automate. Fit Plan gives me the calculations based on my manual input. Reach Your Goal allows a planner for the future, but I need to calculate the formulas.

For example Today's CTL = Yesterday's CTL + ((today's TSS - Yesterday's CTL) / constant usually 42))

My question is how can I make Calculated Fields look up yesterday's CTL, which of course depends on the CTL the day before that, etc.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Calculating Training Levels

Postby ksherman » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:44 pm

Would that calc work? I think you would need to sum the TRIMP/TSS of the last 42 days then divide by 42. That is not the same as you state. Alternatively you could take Yesterdays CTL (assume it is stored) and add (Todays TSS - TSS from 42 days ago)/42. Clearly the first calc is easier.
Keith Sherman
Garmin Edge 800, Garmin Fenix3
Trek Domane 2016
Specialized Roubaix SL3 '11
Specialized Epic '15
ksherman
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Calculating Training Levels

Postby racerfern » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:11 am

I just punched the numbers into an excel sheet and it appears to work properly. I got the formula from http://ianbarrington.com/2007/03/02/atl ... explained/ which explains neatly what a lot of other people tend to complicate, IMO.
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Calculated Fields