Downloads: 23,629 (9) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Apr 11, 2011

Split condition

Split condition

Postby guillaum » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:41 am

Hello,

For analysing interval speed training sessions, I would like to calculate the average pace of certain splits only.

I can input a certain label in the notes field of each split I want to be included in the average, for instance the label "Serie1".

And then, I would like to use the plugin to compute the combined average pace of all the splits that have "Serie1" in the notes.

Any way I can do that ?

Thanks

Guillaume
guillaum

Re: Split condition

Postby camel » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi,
for this special usage, it's nice to use relative hidden gem of plugin. DataTrack feature.

And here is your formula:
{DATATRACK}.Where(o => o.LapNote == "Serie1").Average(o => o.Pace)

This will calculate average pace of x splits with that note.
It would be probably more accurate to calculate pace by sum of times divided by sum of distance. But it's probably enough or?

Nice day
Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby guillaum » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the late response but I just saw your post today.

I have tried your formula and input "Serie1" in the notes of just one lap to see if it would give me the pace of this lap. It gives me 5 seconds (in "elapsed" time format) or 5.0 in number format (with one decimal) when the lap pace was 4:23 min/km... 4:23min/km would be 4.4 in number decimal format, not 5.0

Not sure why...

If you have an idea !!

Thx !

Guillaume
guillaum

Postby camel » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:02 pm

It depends...

Plugin is calculating on default, with 1seconds segments of activity. So in this case it will calculate average pace form x one second segments of your activity.

So accuracy depends on elapsed time, on smoothing etc.
You can try to set Datatrack feature resolution to 100 miliseconds. (third line from top in settings of Calculated Fields plugin).

So it will calculate everything that use DataTrack feature from 0.1s segments and not 1 second segment.
Of course it will be slower but more accurate.

We will see if it will be better.

Nice day
Peter
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby guillaum » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:56 am

Peter, thx very much - I have tried but it does not change anything, maybe because my watch (garmin forerunner 405) uses a smart recording which means that data points are only every 4 seconds in average... far from your 0.1 or even 1 seconds - and because I am measuring short intervals... so I guess it would be more accurate to take the sum of the lap distances divided by the sum of the lap times, but not sure how you get this...
guillaum

Return to Calculated Fields