by old_man_biking

Downloads: 1,496 (10) • Reviews: 4

Version:

Updated:

Apr 28, 2018

restore from backup

restore from backup

Postby BE » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:42 am

After switching computers I used OMB's "Restore from backup" to load my activity history in the new PC; that evidently worked because I have history back to 2006.
But I had to click "OK" on many error messages before the process completed itself. Is this message significant?
"Caught an unexpected exception
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at OldManBiking.SporttracksPlugins.Helpers.EventHelper.Invoke(MulticastDelegate multicastDelegate, Object sender, EventArgs eventArgs)

Inner Exception:
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
at OldManBiking.BackupPlugin.UI.Views.BackupViewControl.RestoreAction_Completed(Object sender, EventArgs e)"

Thanks,
Burgess
BE

Re: restore from backup

Postby old_man_biking » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:31 am

This error message was created when the restore was 100% finished - so your data should be there. That's what you observed anyway.
After looking at my code I don't really understand why that happens.

Did you restore from within SportTracks (Other Tasks : Select View : Backup : ...) or from Windows Explorer (the plugin should add an entry "Restore" to the context menu of .st3backup files?
What were these other error messages - can you still remember??

Cheers,
OMB
old_man_biking
Donated!
Donated!

Re: restore from backup

Postby BE » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:30 pm

As I recall, that same error message alternated with a very short one which I did not save...sorry. I had to click OK and then the next message would appear, over and over. Finally it stopped. I believe I started within the Sporttracks "Backup" view. I'll check to see if I can find the other error.
Thanks you.
BE

Return to Backup