Inline Skating

Inline Skating

Postby josephhaydn » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:38 am

Hi everybody, my favourite sports is inline skating. Who else is inline skater? Maybe we get our own subforum!
Greetings
josephhaydn
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Inline Skating

Postby dirk66 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:07 pm

josephhaydn wrote:Hi everybody, my favourite sports is inline skating. Who else is inline skater? Maybe we get our own subforum!
Greetings

i'm :) Riding on rollerblade speedmachine 2009.

regards
Dirk
dirk66
Donated!
Donated!

Postby admin » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:01 pm

What you mean like this?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby clackerz » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:40 pm

Now that would be cool with the helmet/handi-cam and the Activity Picture and Video Plugin, coupled with a GPS device......
clackerz
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby dirk66 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:41 pm

admin wrote:What you mean like this?

Unfortunately i had to stop with that kind of skating after some serious injuries. :cry: So now i'm more in for speedskating on wheels. Although a little to late and to injured to become a winner . But still with a lot of fun. :)
dirk66
Donated!
Donated!

Postby JereD » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:13 am

josephhaydn wrote:Hi everybody, my favourite sports is inline skating. Who else is inline skater? Maybe we get our own subforum!
Greetings

i'm into inline skating too..

but it's been 2 months since i last skate..

been busy these past few weeks..

but i'm interested on the subforum your saying..
JereD

Postby clackerz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:38 pm

I was on a business trip and was lucky enough to see Australia's State Championships of Inline Hockey.

Very cool - along the lines of Ice Hockey in terms of speed, athleticism etc.

Enjoyed it very much. Will be keeping an eye on local games - where I'm from we apparently have a big following with many teams.
clackerz
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby streetsk8r » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:06 pm

I have been using Sport Tracks for skating since May 2009. I use a Garmin Forerunner 305 (on my second one) and import my data into both the Garmin Training Center and Sport Tracks. GTC does a great job of giving me detailed speed while ST does a better job of maintaining equipment and summarizing the data better. I am using ST 2.1 and did not know about the Version 3. Maybe that will clean up the fuzzy or missing aerial views.

I just retired my old Speedmachines (2805 miles per ST) with a new set of Speedmachines with the new asymmetrical lacing. They are lighter but not as tight in the heel so my speed definitely is a little off.
streetsk8r

Postby pleopard » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:12 am

I have a Garmin Forerunner 305 also ... been using it and ST2 to track skates for almost 2 years now. I skate with K2 Radical Pro's and K2 Moto Extremes. I like ST better than Garmin's software by far.

I'm actually looking for a way to implement this calorie table in ST http://www.lenihan.org/sk8_calories.htm ... I am a developer, maybe I need to create a plugin to do this properly?
pleopard

Postby dirk66 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:39 pm

pleopard wrote:I'm actually looking for a way to implement this calorie table in ST http://www.lenihan.org/sk8_calories.htm ... I am a developer, maybe I need to create a plugin to do this properly?

I guess you have to develop a plugin. Or do the calculation by hand and type the calories in the appropriate field. Interesting table. What does the mm row mean? The width of the wheels or something else?
dirk66
Donated!
Donated!

Postby camel » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:22 am

dirk66 wrote:
pleopard wrote:I'm actually looking for a way to implement this calorie table in ST http://www.lenihan.org/sk8_calories.htm ... I am a developer, maybe I need to create a plugin to do this properly?

I guess you have to develop a plugin. Or do the calculation by hand and type the calories in the appropriate field. Interesting table. What does the mm row mean? The width of the wheels or something else?

Or you can probably create your own calculation formula with Calculated Fields plugin for this.
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby dirk66 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:08 am

camel wrote:
dirk66 wrote:

Or you can probably create your own calculation formula with Calculated Fields plugin for this.

that is right, sorry, didn't think of it. But the best solution would be if a plugin automatically updates the calories/energy field otherwise you have 2 calory fields.
dirk66
Donated!
Donated!

Postby camel » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:22 am

Of course it's nice to do something like that, and to be honest it's very easy to add possibility to update activity fields from plugin. But this is very dangerous for standard user so I don't want to add this as a new feature.

I don't want to hear whining about deleted logbook datas ;)
So main idea is to be able of updating custom fields only.
camel
Donated!
Donated!

Postby dirk66 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:01 am

camel wrote:I don't want to hear whining about deleted logbook datas ;)
:lol:
And admin about changing ST core data i suppose :evil: :wink:
dirk66
Donated!
Donated!

Postby admin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:26 am

You can easily implement a custom calorie calculation in ST3 in a plugin. For someone that can write code, it would take maybe an afternoon. Beyond the normal plugin scaffolding, the actual function is maybe 20 lines of code.

There is also a custom "calories per hour" you can enter for any activity category. No coding needed. Just enter the number. This doesn't handle your scenario where the calories are more going faster, however it might get you closer.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Other