by mechgt

Downloads: 12,931 (48) • Reviews: 18

Version:

Updated:

Aug 26, 2015

Training Load Plugin

Postby mechgt » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:44 pm

So here's the next release -> Training Load 1.2.4beta

Been plenty busy at work and haven't had the time to test it thouroughly and I know you guys (and gals) are more than willing to let know when you find any goblins in my code :wink:

Some changes...
- Those noted above as 'Completed' in previous posts (mostly on page 7)
- Some language updates thanks to my foreign and multi-lingual friends
- A new pulldown in the status pane... check it out.
Last edited by mechgt on Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby clackerz » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:27 am

I get the following error message when extracting the .zip file:

"The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

I used both Winzip and Winrar to attempt extract the file.
clackerz
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby mechgt » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:52 am

FTP is acting screwy... anyhow give it a try now
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby TX911 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:49 am

mechgt wrote:So here's the next release -> Training Load 1.2.4beta

Been plenty busy at work and haven't had the time to test it thouroughly and I know you guys (and gals) are more than willing to let know when you find any goblins in my code :wink:

Some changes...
- Those noted above as 'Completed' in previous posts (mostly on page 7)
- Some language updates thanks to my foreign and multi-lingual friends
- A new pulldown in the status pane... check it out.

Love the pulldown menu. Thanks very much!
TX911
Donated!
Donated!

Postby clackerz » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:11 am

mechgt wrote:FTP is acting screwy... anyhow give it a try now

Works great now - BTW the pull-down is a cool addition. 8)

Well Done
clackerz
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby ildibad » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:27 pm

forecast is still acting weird :
look at the dates :
- activity is planned for one day and is accounted for the day after. :?
- forecast is limited to 2 weeks making difficult to plan up to the next event :?:

thanks
Running with :
acics kayano 18 - Sports tracker pro (android) - polar wearlink bluetooth
my dog : Ithaq (border collee) (Shimly - a happy mixing - retired in 2012)
ildibad
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:33 pm

Got it, I'll take a look at both of those, should be able to get them both fixed shortly.

(I hadn't looked at the date issue yet :oops: )
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Date issue

Postby Switch » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:42 pm

mechgt wrote:(I hadn't looked at the date issue yet :oops: )

The date issue can easily be solved by entering a start time for the activity not equal to 00:00 (see my post at the end of page 7 of this thread), so why change anything else?

I like the new dropdownbox, it convinced me to start using the speed zones.

And something else: when I have two activities on the same day, TSB (before) and TSB (after) are the same for both activities. That does not seem logical or right to me. Any opinions on that?

I have not found any bugs yet... Something good just got better, thanx again!

Switch
Switch
Donated!
Donated!

Postby RogC » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:06 pm

This plugin is fast becoming my favourite feature! Its quite addictive to see the graphical effect of each session compared to how you feel.

I do a fair amount of swimming, which I have no HR data for. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get a TSS for these sessions?
Perhaps using the manual intensity dropdown (perceved effort) for this type of session would make sense.
RogC
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:54 pm

RogC wrote:This plugin is fast becoming my favourite feature! Its quite addictive to see the graphical effect of each session compared to how you feel.

I do a fair amount of swimming, which I have no HR data for. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get a TSS for these sessions?
Perhaps using the manual intensity dropdown (perceved effort) for this type of session would make sense.

Thanks for the positive feedback! Glad you like.

I swim every now and then, and what I do is to enter the total time for the activity, and a guesstimate for an average HR. Not an exact science, but at least I'm getting 'credit' for my swims now.

An alternative if you think you have an idea of your trimp for the activity, is to write TRIMP=nnnn somewhere in the notes field (where nnnn is your trimp for the activity.)
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Date issue

Postby mechgt » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:04 pm

ildibad wrote:activity is planned for one day and is accounted for the day after.

Switch wrote:The date issue can easily be solved by entering a start time for the activity not equal to 00:00 (see my post at the end of page 7 of this thread), so why change anything else?

I believe you that you're having a problem, but I'm not seeing it on my system. I tried setting my regional settings to 24 hour clock, and still works fine for me.

I create a new activity, set the date & leave the time empty, fill in a trimp, go to TL. Shows on the right date...? Tried filling in '0:00' for the time and it still shows on the right date. I even tried changing my timezone from GMT -5 to GMT +(something) and still worked for me.

Has to be some regional setting, but I'm not sure what it would be. In the meantime, fill something in for the time.
Switch wrote:I like the new dropdownbox, it convinced me to start using the speed zones.

I have not found any bugs yet... Something good just got better, thanx again!

Sweet, glad you like it. Also, note that now you can select multiple activities, and the little zone chart will show the sum of all selected activities... I thought that was kind of neat to see.
Switch wrote:And something else: when I have two activities on the same day, TSB (before) and TSB (after) are the same for both activities. That does not seem logical or right to me. Any opinions on that?

TSB (before) is TSB for the previous day. I'd have to do some special magic to calculate inter-day TSBs :o. Might get to it one day, but not today.

For those interested (ildibad), re-download the beta I've fixed the forecast issue, and a couple minor display bugs. Also, some kind soul added a portion of the Polish translation which is also included. I'll be happy to add the rest if someone would like to complete it (see link in signature.) Be sure to highlight any changes in your favorite color.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Date issue

Postby Switch » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:05 am

mechgt wrote:I believe you that you're having a problem, but I'm not seeing it on my system. I tried setting my regional settings to 24 hour clock, and still works fine for me.

I do not really have a problem with it, I just think it is odd. I just enter a time and everything works fine. No need for change.

mechgt wrote:Also, note that now you can select multiple activities, and the little zone chart will show the sum of all selected activities... I thought that was kind of neat to see.

That sounds cool, thanks for the tip!

mechgt wrote:TSB (before) is TSB for the previous day. I'd have to do some special magic to calculate inter-day TSBs :o. Might get to it one day, but not today.

Not important enough, I was just curious. Again, no need for change.

Switch
Switch
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ildibad » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:57 am

Thanks for the corrections.

Forecast seems to work fine.
date problem is solved by adding an starting hour to the activity.
Running with :
ildibad
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:08 pm

New release of Training Load: 1.2.4
Changes since 1.2.3 :
- Added Status charts
- Copy table data to clipboard
- Forecasting fix for planned activities
- Polish language
- Several minor bugfixes and localization updates

Also note the new Training Load Forum.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby clackerz » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:26 pm

I'm finding that the daily activity dates and the dates being shown in the TL calendar are not matching - nor do they match from the activity dates shown in the TL activity list against the TL calendar.

See below:

Here is the TL calendar and activity list:

Here is the std daily activity calendar:

Let me know if you need any more info....
clackerz
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby racerfern » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:24 pm

This probably has something to do with the time offset difference from GMT. However, I'm at -8 GMT and I'm not seeing any problems with rides I do late in the afternoon. I've had this problem at times but never with TrainingLoad.

Check the activity on the date in question. Are the start times the same?
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:12 am

clackerz wrote:I'm finding that the daily activity dates and the dates being shown in the TL calendar are not matching - nor do they match from the activity dates shown in the TL activity list against the TL calendar.

Fixed in the latest release. It was a time zone issue.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby clackerz » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:26 pm

mechgt wrote:
clackerz wrote:I'm finding that the daily activity dates and the dates being shown in the TL calendar are not matching - nor do they match from the activity dates shown in the TL activity list against the TL calendar.

Fixed in the latest release. It was a time zone issue.

That fixed it! 8)
clackerz
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby ildibad » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:43 am

Hi,

Comments on when exporting to clipboard :
- when importing the csv (from copy paste to notebook) file in Open Office, times are not consistently pasted : 1:25:30 is considered as 1 hour : 25 min : 30 sec, but 55:30 is considered as 55 hours ! (strongly annoying)
- Average HR comes in a single field with the percentage and cannot be use directly (not that important)
rgds
Running with :
ildibad
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:52 pm

ildibad wrote:Hi,

Comments on when exporting to clipboard :
- when importing the csv (from copy paste to notebook) file in Open Office, times are not consistently pasted : 1:25:30 is considered as 1 hour : 25 min : 30 sec, but 55:30 is considered as 55 hours ! (strongly annoying)
- Average HR comes in a single field with the percentage and cannot be use directly (not that important)
rgds

That's generally a spreadsheet issue, not TL issue. I've had this occur from many applications and you might try formatting the cells prior to pasting them into the spreadsheet.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby fourbeer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:11 am

mechgt wrote:I swim every now and then, and what I do is to enter the total time for the activity, and a guesstimate for an average HR. Not an exact science, but at least I'm getting 'credit' for my swims now.

I tried this and am getting Zero for the TRIMP value. I set a distance, set a time, set a time of day and set an average heart rate for the swim workout. TRIMP is zero.

I am using 1.2.4 which I downloaded today.

Thanks.
fourbeer
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Stumpjumper68 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:58 am

Goto training load setting page and mark
single zone and choose one from the box below. This HF zone will be now used
for all your categories.
Maybe this helps.
Stumpjumper68
Donated!
Donated!

Postby fourbeer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:40 am

Stumpjumper68 wrote:Goto training load setting page and mark
single zone and choose one from the box below. This HF zone will be now used
for all your categories.
Maybe this helps.

This did not seem help.
fourbeer
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:18 am

How I define swim activities:

Results as seen in the tree:

Currently I have SingleZone, Dynamic Zone, and Forecast checked (I don't think this should matter.) Make sure that you have a category selected in the SingleZone drop down though (this might matter.)

What category did you assign the activity to? You need to make sure that the avg hr you entered is in a zone that has a factor associated with it (factor not = 0 in other words) whether that's the SingleZone or the activity category.
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby fourbeer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:26 am

Ok. Thanks for all the help. I realized that I had put in a heart rate that was in the lowest TRIMP range (TRIMP = 0).

So, this brings up a question. I have overtrained the last few weeks and have built up a TSB of -23. Should my rest week comprise workouts with a TRIMP of zero or should I take days off and do workouts with a TRIMP of 1.1 or 1.2.

I am new to training with this technical detail, but I think it will be incredibly valuable. I have read the documents pointed out in this thread and now understand how to read the charts.

What does everyone else do when they try to bring their TSB back in positive territory during a rest week?
fourbeer
Donated!
Donated!

PreviousNext

Return to Training Load