Downloads: 10,317 (9) • Reviews: 5

Version:

Deprecated

Updated:

Nov 15, 2011

Custom Markers

Custom Markers

Postby DavidCHall » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:41 pm

This plugin has a very useful feature where one can place little corner markers on the calendar. Currently this is linked to Athlete data, or Athlete Notes data.

Could one add a feature to allow the marker to be linked to the value in an Athlete Custom Data field?
DavidCHall
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Custom Markers

Postby benbun » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi David

The short answer is I don't know. I have not had time to look at the calculate fields plugin yet, so don't know how it exposes its calculated fields.

Assuming the calculations it performs yield a numeric result, then I guess logic would need to be built in to "flag" if the value is within a specific range or not.
Do any other plugin integrate with it, maybe they could give some clues as to how they did their integration.

BENBUN
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Custom Markers

Postby DavidCHall » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:19 pm

benbun wrote:The short answer is I don't know. I have not had time to look at the calculate fields plugin yet, so don't know how it exposes its calculated fields.

My intention may have been misunderstood: Sorry.

My idea was to use ST3 standard vanilla out the box "Athlete Custom Fields", ie user created additional data fields attached to the Athlete as a way to trigger a custom calendar mark: For example attach to an Integer "Athlete Custom Field" so 0 = No marker. 1 = Top Left. 2 = Top Right....

This is UNRELATED to the "Calculated Fields Plugin": We assume the user would manually enter data into to "Athlete Custom Field". At this stage "Calculated Fields Plugin" cannot undate "Athlete Custom Field", but might in the future (would might change HOW the data is populated, but would have no impact on your plugin).

Hope that asks the right question... :)
DavidCHall
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Activity YearView