Downloads: 10,316 (9) • Reviews: 5

Version:

Deprecated

Updated:

Nov 15, 2011

Release 0.1.3513 now out

Release 0.1.3513 now out

Postby benbun » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:17 pm

Monthly totals for Time, Distance and activities are now shown (when you click on any of the months).

Click on one of the bars for the above and it will also show the totals for that month in the previous two years as well.

Plugin details here : http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Plugins/plugin_detail.php?id=95

Download here : http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Plugins/plugin_download.php?id=95
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Release 0.1.3513 now out (fixed)

Postby benbun » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:12 pm

If you are having problems installing the plugin, then download it again and it should now be fine.

Note : Version updated to 0.1.3514
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby TomasR » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:12 am

A bug:
Select the summary view with the monthly totals, select running as category. I January, with the cold and ice I did not come out running at all.
Zero activities is correct
But distance? 305 km? Time 28 h?

In short - when selecting a category in the summary view with no activities for a month the totals of the month, disregarding the selected category, is displayed.

Thanks for an ooh so simple, yes the idea is so basic, but an oooooh so wonderful plugin.
TomasR
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ViDi0T » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:57 am

Also, in the main yearly calendar view, when I click on a day, it shows me the details for the following day.
ViDi0T
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ViDi0T » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:28 am

And I get this error when I try and select specific subcategories in my cycling group:

(and then ST crashes)

************** Exception Text **************
System.OverflowException: Overflow error.
at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
at System.Drawing.Graphics.FillPolygon(Brush brush, Point[] points, FillMode fillMode)
at System.Drawing.Graphics.FillPolygon(Brush brush, Point[] points)
at BENBUN.Controls.YearPlan.ypPaintTextBox(PaintEventArgs e, Rectangle gBox, String caption, Color backColour, Boolean StyleShiny, Color boxBorder)
at BENBUN.Controls.YearPlan.ypPaintChartLine(PaintEventArgs e, Rectangle gBox, Color barColour, String caption)
at BENBUN.Controls.YearPlan.PaintStyleYearHistogram(PaintEventArgs e)
at BENBUN.Controls.YearPlan.OnPaint_ModeYearPlan(PaintEventArgs e)
at BENBUN.Controls.YearPlan.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
ViDi0T
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benbun » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:28 am

Bug fixes...

I have located and fixed the bug reported by Monshi plus the bug that causes ST to crash.

Still trying to understand the problem reported by ViDiOT. I thought this had been reported and fixed in an earlier release of the plugin.

I'll release a new version at the weekend hopefully including fixes to all of the reported bugs.
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby 7270martin » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:34 am

Thank your for the fantastic update!! This is another great addition to ST. Up to now, I didn't experience any bug. I really love it, as it gives a nice graphical overview of my activities.

Possible features:

a) year-to-date comparision

In addition to the (very nice) acutal month analysis, a comparision on a year-to-date basis would be sensational. E.g. July 2009 including all activities from January 2009 to July 2009, in comparision with January 2008 to July 2008 etc. And the month above: January 2009 to June 2009, January 2008 to June 2008 etc.
In the main window of the activity year view, you could maybe integrate a button allowing the switch from actual month to year-to-date and back.

Main advantage: one would see at one glance whether you did more or less up to now compared to the last period.

b) individual seasons for certain sports

For winter sports, it would probably make sense to define indidual seasons: e.g. cross country skiing: season starting month: November (not a year-to-date comparision, but a season-to-date comparision). A cut-off at year-end doesn't make sense for such sports. Individual season dates could be integrated in the settings page of the plugin (next to the colors per sport type).

And for all cyclists and mountain runners: please include in the comparision total ascent (and maybe in addition total descent -> would be cool for alpine skiing). And maybe accumulated TRIMPs per actual month/period-to date?

Anyway, these are just propositions to think about.

Thanks again for your great work!!!
7270martin
Donated!
Donated!

Postby thorwg » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:55 pm

You can reproduce the bug reported by ViDiOT something like this:

1) Start SportTracks
2) Select View -> Categories
3) Create a new category somewhere under My Activities
4) Select View -> Activity YearView
5) Click on some month, e.g. August (now the bar chart is displayed)
6) Next to the Activity YearView window title, there is a activity filter drop down box displaying "My Activities". In this drop down, select the new category created in step 3 above.
7) Exception. A big red cross is drawn in the window area. Need to restart SportTracks to be able to use the plugin again.

You can do step 6 first, then 5; then exception occurs. Seems like the barchart painting proceure has a problem with empty categories... not a big problem, but some exception handling would be nice ;)

Nice plugin btw! I use it a lot!

Regards,
Thor
thorwg
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benbun » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:26 pm

thorwg, thanks for taking the time to detail the steps causing the error.

I have a fix ready to go, I will issue it sometime over the weekend.

Glad, you find the plugin useful.
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benbun » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:46 pm

OK, I have packaged the new version of the plugin and added a "year to date" mode on for good measure.

If you had problems before and want to test this new version then PM me and I'll send you a copy.

thanks
Richard
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:57 pm

When I select a date with 3 activities on it, the popup doesn't populate... then if I click the Jump button, it crashes (see below).

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at BENBUN.UI.Activities.ActivityPopUp.buttonJump_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

While I'm at it, any chance of getting it to run in Linux? 8)

When I try to start it under mono 2.4, ST crashes and won't start. Here's the output when I try to start ST under mono...

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: Parameters describe an unrepresentable DateTime.
at System.DateTime..ctor (Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day, Int32 hour, Int32 minute, Int32 second, Int32 millisecond) [0x00000]
at System.DateTime..ctor (Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day) [0x00000]
at BENBUN.Controls.YearPlan.OnPaint_ModeYearPlan (System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs e) [0x00000]
at BENBUN.Controls.YearPlan.OnPaint (System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs e) [0x00000]
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000]
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000]
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benbun » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:17 pm

The new preview release is available at www.benbun.co.uk/plugins/ActivityYearView 0.1.3527.st2plugin

This should fix all of the reported errors, except any issues reported when running under Linux. As I don't have Linux I can not recreate or fix the reported bug.

Richard
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby thorwg » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:37 am

Works fine to me!

Thor ;)
thorwg
Donated!
Donated!

Postby FrancoisPichette » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:00 am

I don't know if it's a bug or not but when I choose the JUMP feature, the selected workout is diplayed correctly in the DAILY ACTIVITY window.

However, the date on the the left hand side calendar is unchanged. Should it not reflect the date of the activity that I jumped to?
FrancoisPichette
Donated!
Donated!

Postby 7270martin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:52 pm

Same with me re date when jumping.

Nevertheless, it's an awesome plugin! I really like the year-to-date comparision, many thanks for that!

Extra cool would be if ascent and descent could be selected for comparision to prior years.
7270martin
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benbun » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:59 pm

I am not sure if I can control the calendar on the left hand side from the plugin, so it will have to stay as it is for now.

As for the ascent and descent then I can understand the benefits for cyclists, but I'm a runner :-)

Will add it to the "to do" list for the next time I change the plugin
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:02 pm

benbun wrote:I am not sure if I can control the calendar on the left hand side from the plugin, so it will have to stay as it is for now.

As for the ascent and descent then I can understand the benefits for cyclists, but I'm a runner :-)

Will add it to the "to do" list for the next time I change the plugin

You should be able to set it with something like Plugin.GetApplication().Calendar.Selected = -date-

...or something like that.
Enhance SportTracks with Training Load, Fit Plan and more plugins at mechgt.com. Garmin FR310XT & iBike iPro
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benbun » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:05 pm

mechgt wrote:You should be able to set it with something like Plugin.GetApplication().Calendar.Selected = -date-

Thanks for that tip, it works perfectly. This has been added to the latest release (0.1.3533)

Download from : http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTr ... .php?id=95
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby racerfern » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:10 pm

I got an exception when switching logbooks.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at BENBUN.Settings.Settings.GetParentCategoryColour(String ReferenceId)
at BENBUN.Settings.Settings.GetCategoryColour(String ReferenceId)
at BENBUN.YearView.OptionsView.CategoryRenderer.DrawCell(Graphics graphics, DrawItemState rowState, Object element, Column column, Rectangle cellRect)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.Common.Visuals.TreeList.DefaultRowDataRenderer.DrawColumnData(Graphics graphics, Rectangle clipRect, Rectangle columnDrawRect, Column column)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.Common.Visuals.TreeList.DefaultRowDataRenderer.DrawCellData(Graphics graphics, Rectangle clipRect, Rectangle rectDraw)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.Common.Visuals.TreeList.DefaultRowDataRenderer.Draw(Graphics graphics, Rectangle clipRect, Rectangle rectDraw)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.Common.Visuals.TreeList.DrawRowData(Graphics graphics, Rectangle clipRect, Rectangle rectDraw)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.Common.Visuals.TreeList.DrawControl(Graphics graphics, Rectangle clipRect, Rectangle rectDraw)
at ZoneFiveSoftware.Common.Visuals.TreeList.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benbun » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:11 am

racerfern wrote:I got an exception when switching logbooks.

I never even thought to test for that. I will take a look. The plugin caches a lot of information so I will need to detect the change in logbook and rebuild the cache accordingly.

I will PM you when it is ready so you can test it :-)
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby 7270martin » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:11 pm

benbun wrote:As for the ascent and descent then I can understand the benefits for cyclists, but I'm a runner :-) Will add it to the "to do" list for the next time I change the plugin

Great!!! Do you already know when you're gonna update (ascent/descent)? Anyway, I would like to donate right now - love the year-to-date-figures!
7270martin
Donated!
Donated!

Postby HENNES » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:19 am

benbun wrote:
mechgt wrote:You should be able to set it with something like Plugin.GetApplication().Calendar.Selected = -date-

Thanks for that tip, it works perfectly. This has been added to the latest release (0.1.3533)

How to update?

uninstall does not work

deleting the old dll - still shows the entry in the plugin list.

executing the new file shows "install successfully" but still shows the old entry in the list and "update available"

but, just now only for testing, using it - it looks different. So might be that this is the new one running, but the entry is still the old one???
rgds hennes
- kickbiking with FR 305 and STs 3

runner´s map ... EURE Karte für Laufveranstaltungen - zum MITMACHEN!!!
http://www.runnersmap.info
...mehr als DREI TAUSEND Laufveranstaltungen!
HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Postby HENNES » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:05 am

HENNES wrote:
benbun wrote:

How to update?

uninstall does not work

deleting the old dll - still shows the entry in the plugin list.

executing the new file shows "install successfully" but still shows the old entry in the list and "update available"

but, just now only for testing, using it - it looks different. So might be that this is the new one running, but the entry is still the old one???

After trying this without success yesterday all day long with STs closing and reopening - today it shows the latest version :evil:
rgds hennes
- kickbiking with FR 305 and STs 3

runner´s map ... EURE Karte für Laufveranstaltungen - zum MITMACHEN!!!
http://www.runnersmap.info
...mehr als DREI TAUSEND Laufveranstaltungen!
HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mechgt » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:46 am

benbun wrote:...except any issues reported when running under Linux. As I don't have Linux I can not recreate or fix the reported bug.

I just started clicking around in this plugin, and it's really very cool. I had only found the initial calender view before, but didn't see the monthly totals, or year-to-date, or year-to-year comparisons... very cool! The features of this aren't obvious, but I'm officially a fan now. Very cool!!!

I'm sure there's nothing I could do to help debug any compatibility with Linux could I? Because this plugin doesn't have any charts, I bet it'd perform pretty well, and I know the old version worked, so it can't be that far off. You can send me a PM or something if I could help. Either way, thanks and I'm glad I started clicking around on it!
mechgt
Donated!
Donated!

Postby thorwg » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:45 am

I have used this plug-in a bit, but have never seen the 3-year comparison feature before. It never occurred to me to click on the green/blue/red bar graph until I read the last post from mechgt...

For the next version, can I suggest a standard drop down menu or something, so that the user can select among the available views?

E.g. a simple menu with the following items would pretty much do the trick:

- YearView Calendar
- Monthly Totals
- Monthly Year To Date Totals
- 3 Year Comparison - Activities
- 3 Year Comparison - Total Time
- 3 Year Comparison - Distance
+ any other feature that may be lurking around :lol:

Thor ;)
thorwg
Donated!
Donated!