Downloads: 10,274 (9) • Reviews: 5

Version:

Deprecated

Updated:

Nov 15, 2011

Other Year Views..

Other Year Views..

Postby benbun » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:36 am

Now that I have a plugin that can display Year Views - are there any other things that could usefully be displayed using this format.

Athlete Year View
One of the ideas I am playing with is to display some of the athlete data in the "day boxes".

i.e. display athlete weight ( green box - weight loss, red box - weight gain etc ).

Distance Year View
Like the Activity Year View - but instead of the "bar colour" representing the category - they would represent the distance of the activity.

Anyone got any suggestions.
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby mazoaguirre » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:31 am

good ideas, the Athlete viw you plan will be a excelente complement to the HD plugin

the second sounds great
FR 310 and Foot Pod, Edge 500 and Cadence Sensor, GoPro HD 960
mazoaguirre.com
mazoaguirre
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby racerfern » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:35 am

How about specifying the start month/date for the year. For example my season starts and ends the second week in November. Maybe a four way arrow to scroll left one month at a time and scroll up one week at a time.

Hey you asked!
Fernando
racerfern
Donated!
Donated!

Postby 7270martin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:02 pm

I like the idea of distance year view. Or also total elevation gained/calories. And maybe average values (e.g. heart rate, power, cadence):

But please:
Add also totals per month/year in comparision with prior year for the value selected. Especially the yearly comparision is not covered by the standard function of ST (statistics in the upper half of daily activity view).
Maybe, it could be also achieved with the accumulated summary plugin, but a comparision with prior year would be easier and better presented with your plugin.

The monthly values could be displayed in a separate column next to the month or, if there is too less space, maybe in the same field as the name of the month:
at top of the cell: name of the month, maybe in bold
in the middle of the cell: actual value in black
at the bottom of the cell: prior year in grey

The yearly values in an additional row below December (also actual vs prior year).

As the majority of people use high screen resolution (see http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTr ... php?t=3640), and probably also the silent majority, this additional information should also be displayable.

And for those people who don't like it: they might deselect the additional information in the plugin's setting page.

Would be a great, if you could add this to your plugin.

Martin
7270martin
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Other Year Views..

Postby kdharper » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:44 pm

benbun wrote:Now that I have a plugin that can display Year Views - are there any other things that could usefully be displayed using this format.

Athlete Year View
One of the ideas I am playing with is to display some of the athlete data in the "day boxes".

i.e. display athlete weight ( green box - weight loss, red box - weight gain etc ).

Distance Year View
Like the Activity Year View - but instead of the "bar colour" representing the category - they would represent the distance of the activity.

Anyone got any suggestions.

I like the idea of both - what else have you got up your sleeve? :)

Kevin
kdharper
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Activity YearView