Version:

Deprecated

Updated:

Nov 15, 2011

Adding Events to the ACalendar Plugin

Adding Events to the ACalendar Plugin

Postby benbun » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:11 am

As per the discussion here : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11708

I am in the process of changing the ACalendar plugin. Screen grabs are shown below.

The year calendar now has a marker to the right hand side of the day number to indicate that an event exists for that day ( for this example events are on 01/Jan, 20/May and 25/Sept )

Image 1.png
Image 1.png (60.06 KiB) Viewed 14470 times

Double clicking on a day allows you to add or edit an event recorded on that day

Image 2.png
Image 2.png (24.45 KiB) Viewed 14470 times

I have only made changes to the year view as yet, still have the month view to amend.

If anyone wants to beta test this then drop me a mail to rmk_at_benbun.co.uk
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Adding Events to the ACalendar Plugin

Postby benbun » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:46 pm

The Month View has also been amended now see below.

Image 3.png
Image 3.png (36.63 KiB) Viewed 14415 times

In either the "Month" or "Year" view to activate the event dialog you simply double click on the day the event is for.
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benbun » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:40 pm

A beta version of the plugin is now available to download from : http://www.benbun.co.uk/dlfiles/ACalend ... .st3plugin

I would appreciate any feedback you might have on this.
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Gonz » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:31 pm

Hi

Nice plug in just what I've been looking for to track annual event planning.

I've downloaded the beta version while the monthly version works as you describe, the yearly version stores the activity but it does not highlight the date to show the loaded event as per your original screen shots.

Do I need to activate something in settings?

Cheers
Gonz

Postby benbun » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:38 pm

Hi Gonz

No there are currently no settings that relate to the "events" feature - I'm not sure why the highlights are not showing, I know it is for other testers.

Perhaps you could upload a screenshot of what you are seeing so I can see if I can spot anything that might be causing the problem.

thanks
Richard
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ToeJammer » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:55 pm

I am seeing, well actually not seeing, the same thing. There is just no indication tohere is an event on any day. No highlighting, no different color, etc. If I click on the day... because I know I created something on that day, the event opens with all the info I put in. SportTracks version 3.1.4348 (This is a trial version used for testing)

If given a choice, and I posted this in a forum this several years ago, in addition to a year/month view I would like to also see a simple list, almost like an Excel spreadsheet with one row and "selectable" columns to pick from.

Race Name - Date - Cost - Registered - Link to the web page - Goal Time - , and maybe other simple information so it can be seen in an overview, without opening each calendar entry. Then allow it to be copied/updated to add to the next year calendar once the date has past. Next step would be to link it to the activity entry in the log.

I do like the calendar to see when things occur through the year, great to make sure I don't plan things to close together....
George
ToeJammer
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ToeJammer » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Testing this a little more. Is there a setting for "Activity Type" when the "future event" is created? The calendar view is set to filter by activity type, but I do not see this when I create the event so if there is no activity type it might not appear? If there were a button to select the type of event... I have an activity called "Future Race" which I tried for some other things... if I could pick this then use the calendar filter to select all events or maybe just see "future race" events.

George
ToeJammer
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Gonz » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi Richard

I keep getting the message "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." so I'm not sure how to post the screen shot.

In the process of saving an image of the year view I have discovered the following
- in sporttracks (version 3.1.4348), with the yearly view I can not see the highlighted box to identify that there is an event on a specific day
- however when saved as an image an opened in windows photo and fax viewer the events are highlighted as they should be

Not sure if this helps identify the potential issue.

Cheers
Gonz
Gonz

Postby benbun » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:38 pm

Gonz wrote:I keep getting the message "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." so I'm not sure how to post the screen shot.

I have sent you a PM with my email address, please email me an image. I think I might know what the issue is.

Gonz wrote:In the process of saving an image of the year view I have discovered the following
- in sporttracks (version 3.1.4348), with the yearly view I can not see the highlighted box to identify that there is an event on a specific day
- however when saved as an image an opened in windows photo and fax viewer the events are highlighted as they should be

This helps confirm mu suspicion of what the issue might be.

ToeJammer wrote:Testing this a little more. Is there a setting for "Activity Type" when the "future event" is created? The calendar view is set to filter by activity type, but I do not see this when I create the event so if there is no activity type it might not appear?George

The filter is only used for activities and not for events - the setting of the filter has no impact on the display of events on the calendar.

ToeJammer wrote:If given a choice, and I posted this in a forum this several years ago, in addition to a year/month view I would like to also see a simple list, almost like an Excel spreadsheet with one row and "selectable" columns to pick from.

Race Name - Date - Cost - Registered - Link to the web page - Goal Time - , and maybe other simple information so it can be seen in an overview, without opening each calendar entry. Then allow it to be copied/updated to add to the next year calendar once the date has past. Next step would be to link it to the activity entry in the log.

I agree a tabular view would be useful - I'll think about adding one once the calendar issues are sorted out. Thinking this might actually need to be a different plugin as it's not really to do with calendars..
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ToeJammer » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Figured out my issue... Doh!
I needed to set a color for the event when it is created. It was set to a default and blended in with the basic color so I could not see it. Once I changed it to a contrasting color it appears as it should.
George
Attachments
aCalendar 01.jpg
Now I can see the color.
aCalendar 01.jpg (64.52 KiB) Viewed 14203 times
ToeJammer
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ToeJammer » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Just as an example...
Attachments
aCalendar 02.jpg
An example of upcoming race listing.
aCalendar 02.jpg (151.55 KiB) Viewed 14203 times
ToeJammer
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ToeJammer » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:58 pm

A small item. It seems the date at the top of the Yearly Calendar stays where it was when you leave the page, but when you open it again it shows the 2011 (current year?) calendar. No big deal but if you do not watch the date on the side of the calendar it can be confusing.
Attachments
aCalendar 03.jpg
aCalendar 03.jpg (80.13 KiB) Viewed 14203 times
ToeJammer
Donated!
Donated!

Postby ToeJammer » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:49 pm

Okay, went back to first computer. Still do not see the bar to show there is an event. Looks like it might be screen size issue? This copy is on an Asus net book. Not worried about it since it is okay on the bigger screen.
Attachments
aCalendar 05.JPG
aCalendar 05.JPG (144.62 KiB) Viewed 14196 times
ToeJammer
Donated!
Donated!

Postby benbun » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:51 pm

ToeJammer wrote:Okay, went back to first computer. Still do not see the bar to show there is an event. Looks like it might be screen size issue? This copy is on an Asus net book. Not worried about it since it is okay on the bigger screen.

Yes it is a resolution issue - there is no space to draw the marker, so it is not drawn...
benbun
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Activity YearView