ST 3.0.3924 doesn't show google maps

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

ST 3.0.3924 doesn't show google maps

Postby llsastre » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:42 am

ST 3.0.3924 doesn't display google maps when I import from garmin edge 705 on windows 7 64 bits. ST 2.1 version displays well and I could check my routes. With 3.0.3924 version I see the route over gray background.
Is there some bug for win7 x64 or I've had something wrong when I've installed new version?
Here there is a picture about it:
llsastre

Re: ST 3.0.3924 doesn't show google maps

Postby HENNES » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:58 am

llsastre wrote:ST 3.0.3924 doesn't display google maps when I import from garmin edge 705 on windows 7 64 bits. ST 2.1 version displays well and I could check my routes. With 3.0.3924 version I see the route over gray background.
Is there some bug for win7 x64 or I've had something wrong when I've installed new version?
Here there is a picture about it:

Did you choose a map on the right hand top side blue arrow?
rgds hennes
- kickbiking with FR 305 and STs 3

runner´s map ... EURE Karte für Laufveranstaltungen - zum MITMACHEN!!!
http://www.runnersmap.info
...mehr als DREI TAUSEND Laufveranstaltungen!
HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Postby Meven » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:00 pm

llsastre wrote:Is there some bug for win7 x64 or I've had something wrong when I've installed new version?

No and no :wink:
Meven
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby clackerz » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:00 pm

I'd say a map type needs to be chosen.....The new version when it's first opened may default to a map type of 'None'
Once you've chosen one it will revert to this everytime ST3 is opened.....
clackerz
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby llsastre » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:16 am

Ooops! Sometimes I'm a stupid. I hadn't seen the right hand top side blue arrow. Now it shows.
I'm sorry for this question. Thank you for your help.
llsastre

Postby Meven » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:37 am

llsastre wrote:Ooops! Sometimes I'm a stupid. I hadn't seen the right hand top side blue arrow. Now it shows.
I'm sorry for this question. Thank you for your help.

There is no stupide question, but a lot of helping topic for the one like you who didn't look carefully :wink:
Meven
Contributor!
Contributor!

Postby afjk » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:01 pm

clackerz wrote:I'd say a map type needs to be chosen.....The new version when it's first opened may default to a map type of 'None'

does not work for me: map still missing ?!
Tried to reboot, reinstall etc.
ST3 3.0.3924

Any idea anyone?
What did I ever do before Sporttracks came along?
- using Forerunner 305 -
afjk
Donated!
Donated!

Postby HENNES » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:08 pm

afjk wrote:
clackerz wrote:I'd say a map type needs to be chosen.....The new version when it's first opened may default to a map type of 'None'

does not work for me: map still missing ?!
Tried to reboot, reinstall etc.
ST3 3.0.3924

Any idea anyone?

Hast Du oben rechts über der "Karte" den blauen Pfeil angeklickt und eine Karte ausgewählt?

gruss hennes
rgds hennes
- kickbiking with FR 305 and STs 3

runner´s map ... EURE Karte für Laufveranstaltungen - zum MITMACHEN!!!
http://www.runnersmap.info
...mehr als DREI TAUSEND Laufveranstaltungen!
HENNES
Donated!
Donated!

Postby aspock » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Same problem here, as above - just a blank page, with the route outline showing.

I have installed on my laptop and no problems there, with google maps showing fine. This I would believe would lead in the direction of a firewall problem (using Kaspersky) However even with the firewall powered down still no maps.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Aidan
aspock

Postby admin » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:55 pm

This is a security configuration issue. Something is no doubt blocking browser access from SportTracks.

We have heard only ONE other issue related to the use of a product called "panda antivirus". For some reason this software flagged SportTracks as a potential bot, and blocked it. Uninstalling the program solved the problems, voila maps worked.

Note: I deleted the bad advice about Google blocking IP addresses as that is no longer relevant in SportTracks 3.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zacklaws » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:10 am

I too suffer from this problem of maps not displaying but it is only sometimes, but as a rule if none of the maps are showing then the "Openstreet" maps can be relied on to display. Today when I wanted to check if it was my antivirus, spareware programmes etc from blocking maps, I find that I can access all maps, so I am at a loss as to the reason why.
zacklaws
Donated!
Donated!

Postby runner49 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:41 am

Hi everybody, how ist the way to find out the problem? i disabled the virscan, there is no firewall,
and still the Google-maps doesn't work.
So i have installed the AR-plugin and openstreetmap, both works fine, why this both plugs work but not Google-maps?
I'm not interested to buy this version of software, if not run all feature's - the older version, 2.1, work without any problems, why ....?

thanks for any help
Steven the runner :-)
runner49

Postby steve66 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:38 am

like many of those above I have lost my maps today...but eventually got them back.

They were there yesterday ....but imported today's run and no map visible....for today or any of the other days (which previously had maps)
Just the run path shows as in the screen shots above

(I have tried both STREET and SATELITE, and had confirmed that my firewall is set to let SPORTTRACKS thru)

shutdown and restrarted SportTracks 3 times with no change
Finally on a surely futile fouth restart....whamo.......the maps are ALL back

Whats going on....and ideas? a bug?

(Love my Garmin....and love my SportTracks)
steve66

Postby fraserthom » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:09 pm

I have this issue as well. Restart has not helped.

Had just returned from a long run with a new training partner, having spent the previous three hours saying how great ST was, I fired-up the laptop and was unable to show him any of the cool map features :-(

I am using XP, ST3.
fraserthom

Postby admin » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:11 am

On a basic install of Windows, you should have no issues. Mapping problems can almost always traced to connection & security issues where something has been configured on your machine.

You’ll need to make sure:
  • that SportTracks can access the internet, that nothing is blocking it (such as security software)
  • that your Internet Explorer is updated to the latest version
  • that the security settings for IE “Internet” zone are set to Medium-High or lower (and no settings have been overridden)

Of course you’ll also have to pick street or satellite maps, etc (this is a common new user mistake).

A good baseline confirmation: Within SportTracks go to View > Online and enter http://maps.google.com - If this doesn't work, check all the settings above. However, even if you CAN access basic maps, the mapping still requires additional security settings to be allowed (such as ActiveX controls, scripting, etc).

Why this may stop working:
  • Windows updates may change security settings
  • Installation of new software such as IE, or .NET may change your config
  • In a corporate environment, administrators can change these permissions (unbeknownst to you)

Some other RARE problems that have been reported:
  • Certain virus software wrongly marks SportTracks as a trojan and stops internet access. Uninstalling the virus software fixed the problem.
  • Connection settings can become "corrupted". A reset of the connection fixed the problem.
  • Individual security settings in Internet Explorer were turned off. A reset of the security settings fixed the problem.

Finally as with anything related to internet connection you can have issues of DNS servers, incorrect credentials, heavy traffic or even server outages.

Hopefully this list helps in troubleshooting.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rar2667 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:38 pm

Hi all -
I just loaded the ST3.0 trial and like some of you, street maps are not displaying. Topo, Urban and ariel all work fine. Street, satellite nor terrain display anything.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Andy
rar2667
Donated!
Donated!

Postby picree » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:09 pm

The solutions mentioned above fixed my problem. Check your IE security settings. Or add http://maps.google.com to your list of trusted sites.
picree
Donated!
Donated!

Postby endmarsfr » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:25 am

if the previous solutions have not fixed the problem :
try "regsvr32 jscript.dll"
sometime the pb occurs because IE has no version displayed in about version box.
endmarsfr

Postby steve66 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:20 am

Well obviously I did not get an answer but after a LONG LONG delay I will communicate the solution in the hope that it may help others since it seems they wont get much help from Sport Tracks.
The upgrade in SportTracks version had upset my fire wall.
All other upgrades have been seamless but this time even though the firewall was saying that Sport tracks was "approved" it was blocking all access.
Simple and even obvious one you know really

The solution was to tell the firewall to BLOCK SportTracks and then once again tell them NOT to block SportTracks.
That did the job.
Hope it helps others.
steve66

Postby rjsa » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:35 am

Thanks for bumping this. I've been mapless for close to 2 years, now it's fixed. And I'm felling soooo dumb...
rjsa

Postby admin » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:23 am

Our web app is a great option if you don't want to take the time and worry about managing a PC installed system. It works from any browser, and problems like this that plagued you for two years are gone.

http://sporttracks.mobi/features
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rjsa » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:42 am

admin wrote:Our web app is a great option if you don't want to take the time and worry about managing a PC installed system. It works from any browser, and problems like this that plagued you for two years are gone.

http://sporttracks.mobi/features

I have it, but it still lacks calculated fields among other little things that I use.
rjsa

Return to Questions