MOBI - Location identifying

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

MOBI - Location identifying

Postby semperfi » Sun May 26, 2019 2:40 pm

In ST3 after I have run a route and named that route, when I run that same route again the location is automatically filled in when I imported from my Garmin. I am in the 45 day testing phase of MOBI and have tried a couple places to define a route but still when I have a run come in it does not recognize it. Either it fills in 'Road Run' next to the two icons in the edit function and leaves it blank in the Location field. If I start to fill in the route name in place of Road Run it displays the named routes I have used in that field so I know it is available.

I am looking for it to fill automatically like ST3. Am I missing something to complete somewhere or is it just not a capability in MOBI?
semperfi

Re: MOBI - Location identifying

Postby cleavel » Sun May 26, 2019 11:57 pm

That's one of the things that I liked about ST3 was locations and I liked the similar feature for 'Name' which I used in conjunction with location to have consistent ways to find rides and races on the same route or year-to-year. Also, 'Category' is much more rigid in MOBI. There are only pre-defined categories. As someone who races my bicycle 30-60 times per year, I have road race, track race, and time trial categories (with similar training categories) to be able to parse my data in reports to very finite levels. I can't create those categories in MOBI.

Maybe I just haven't taken enough time to learn the ins and outs of MOBI, but learning how to do things like that in ST was relatively easy.
Thanks.

Cleave
cleavel
Donated!
Donated!

Re: MOBI - Location identifying

Postby admin » Tue May 28, 2019 11:54 am

semperfi wrote:I am looking for it to fill automatically like ST3. Am I missing something to complete somewhere or is it just not a capability in MOBI?

Location name is not auto-prefilled on the SportTracks online platform. There's a related customer idea to do this, you should add votes if it is an important feature for you:

Customer Feedback - Auto tag location
Get the latest info: Fan us on facebook or follow us on twitter
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions