Active/Inactive Gear in MOBI

Post a question about the software or find answers here.

Active/Inactive Gear in MOBI

Postby thosj » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:09 pm

So, new to mobi, ST3 for years but I started NEW in mobi.

I created bikes. Each bike has 5 chains, 1 active, 4 inactive. When I put the bike on a workout, all 5 chains come in and get miles. I have to select and uncheck the inactive items, which are clearly marked INACTIVE in blue, but they are ON the ride and they got miles until I uncheck them. Is this the drill? I assumed an inactive item wouldn't come in to the ride and get the rides miles. Where am I not thinking clearly about this? It's kind of a PITA to have to go into the activity, select the equipment and uncheck the chains not currently on the bike.

Thanks for the help!!
Tom Hesselman
thosj
Donated!
Donated!

Re: Active/Inactive Gear in MOBI

Postby thosj » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:50 pm

It was a bug, it is supposed to work like I assumed it'd work, inactive gear should not come in with the bike they're attached to. They fixed the bug and updated the web site within 10 minutes of me emailing them, on Saturday..........!!
thosj
Donated!
Donated!

Postby samccauley » Mon May 06, 2019 8:22 am

thosj wrote:It was a bug, it is supposed to work like I assumed it'd work, inactive gear should not come in with the bike they're attached to. They fixed the bug and updated the web site within 10 minutes of me emailing them, on Saturday..........!!

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing the update to your own question. It's to nice to know what the intended behavior was/is and also that emailing support works. Thanks!
samccauley

Postby thosj » Mon May 06, 2019 9:11 am

samccauley wrote:I just wanted to say thank you for sharing the update to your own question. It's to nice to know what the intended behavior was/is and also that emailing support works. Thanks!

No problemo!! Apparently, and perhaps unofficially, this forum is for ST3 and email support is for mobi. They said this forum is going away when ST3 goes away in 2020.

You'd think they'd want a forum for mobi where we can help each other, but apparently they want to handle it all. Fine if it works, and it DOES, it seems :wink:
thosj
Donated!
Donated!

Return to Questions